1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request 100% need it Features that are vital for Sinespace future

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by blada sadun, Jul 31, 2019.

Share This Page

1. blada sadun

By:blada sadunJul 31, 2019

Hello everyone, so guys, i am pretty new here, and all i want is to provide some feedback for some things that really annoyed me from the very first baby steps i did in Sinespace, and because of that i am requesting some " features", " changes" .

First thing i did after i entered in the Welcome Centre, was to run around and test the movement system of the avatar. From the start i got really disappointed to find out that is using a system which was only popular back in 2004-2008 , Click to move to the designated point, and a very very annoying move around without the ability to rotate camera around while moving, because the character stops and the camera is detaching from character.

The fact that the camera is DETACHING and stopping the character from moving while you walk/run and want to look around with right mouse button is very very annoying.

If you really want to give player the ability to free cam just setup a mode and a shortcut key to enter in that free cam mode instead, example: F3? .

This aspect of the character movement makes new visitors" gamers in general" close the game in less than 5 minutes, except few of the very very old community from Second life which are used to this clunky old system, to park in a spot and stay there for 24 hours without the need of navigation and character movement because they have huge lag in SL. That community will not move anywhere anytime anyway, as they invested time and lots of money, so there is no point adjusting things for the old days, those days are gone.

This system can also help in fly mode, where right now you can only fly straight and not go where you look with right mouse button, instead you have to press E to raise, or C to go down. If the camera was attached to the character while you fly with W-A-S-D and look around with right mouse button, it could make the fly mode so much more enjoyable in any direction not just planar at a specific altitude.

We are in 2019, please consider adjusting the movement system up to nowadays standards, just like in any games from market where you move with W-A-S-D and while moving you can look around with RIGHT MOUSE BUTTON, WITHOUT DETACHING the camera from player!, also not stopping the character from moving!.

Also!, do not automatic adjust camera when you move with W-A-S-D, let the player decide where to look with right mouse button, while moving.

Just because nobody mention these problems, doesn't mean is not important!. Peoples come and leave without the interest of leaving feedback for things which made them quit the game in the first 2 minutes.

Also for those who read this thread and want to give constructive feedback, if you haven't played at least a few mmo's games or any kind of game " not SL", FPS shooters, mmo rpg's, etc, do not bother, if you are not a gamer you don't understand the importance of character movement.

PS. I am not "begging" these features for myself, is for the sake of this platform, also because you guys promote it as a gaming platform as well. If i wouldn't care about this platform and it's potential i wouldn't even bother to make a account for this forum.The bold and caps text is not a scream, is just my way on making things more explicit. Wish you all the best, and excuse my lack of proper english.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. blada sadun

By:blada sadunJul 31, 2019

Also, if the feature i requested above is interfering with the mouse cursor, would be also good if you guys can hide the cursor " which also breaks immersion seeing windows cursor inside Sinespace", and if player wants to interact with something from the world or click on something, maybe you guys can make mouse cursor to activate/show , only when ALT key is pressed or hold, this way you solved another problem.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. Dolome Demonia

By:Dolome DemoniaAug 13, 2019
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello,

Thank you so much for your input. It is greatly appreciated and very important to us to know what the community would like to see.

I have sent your feature request in directly to our dev dept through the https://issues.sine.space. You can track it in there
    General
    feature
    new
    dolome demonia 2019-08-13 Feature Request from blada sadun

We have been continually working on the UI including the camera controls. You will see new features, bug fixes and feature requests as each new client is released. That issue tracker is the best place to put very detailed requests and to track all the other items the people have reported. The dev dept works directly off of that.

Again thank you very much

Michele Gray - aka Dolome Demonia
    sinespace Senior Community Manager