1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Adjustable Key Binding

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Foxx, Feb 11, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Foxx

By:FoxxFeb 11, 2019

The current keys for movement are what they are.

However, I would like to see some flexibility in key bindings, for example and in my humble opinion, I would like to be able to reset my keys to the following:

The fingers sit naturally across the Q,W & E keys for left/forward/right movements rather than the A & D keys. I have discovered this playing many 3rd person shooters.

Its quite difficult to locate the current run button (shift) with your littile finger because the key is hidden under your hand. I get why the index finger is used as it provides a seperate control digit to the main 3 being used for movement. However, a better run key for me would be the R key as it is in sight and more natural to move my index finger over it.

The flight up could be the D key whilst descent could be the F key. This would potentially allow better flight control (D & F next to each other) and not having to stretch your finger down to the C key.

The above is just my opinion but suffering a little bit in the dexterity department, I would welcome the idea of having a free choice on key bindings.

Spiral Silverstar likes this.
  2. Jayden Catnip

By:Jayden CatnipFeb 15, 2019
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey Silverfoxx

Great idea! I have heard this mentioned inworld and I also see that it's also been mentioned on issues.sine.space, although I don't have a definite timeline for this I can see it as being a feature that will be added. I will add it to my list of items I mention to the developers.

Thanks for your input :)

3. Foxx

By:FoxxFeb 16, 2019

Thank you Jayden...