1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation in object / animation for gesture

Discussion in 'General' started by ghaelen, Mar 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMar 7, 2017

I have a ground sit animation I am using on cushions around campfires in my region. The seat improved script works beautifully, pulling the avatar into a sit and then looping the sitting animation until I click 'stand up'.

So good so far.

The animation would also work as a gesture. I followed the instructions (and Adam's help) to add it to the scripts and upload it. (Avatar Effect, Avatar Animation - single) It uploads fine and does activate inworld when I click 'use' from the inventory. However, the avatar 'stands up' in between loops. Now if this were a dance I wouldn't notice it because it happens so fast. But bobbing up and down from a sit (although funny) is not actually what I want.

The animation was created in Blender and the animation is 20 keyframes long - the animation doesn't change from keyframe 1 to keyframe 20. In the import inspector I've tried clicking pose, keyframe reduction, looping, not looping. Nothing changes what actually happens inworld.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing (or not doing) ? And - any ideas as to what I could use that would pull the avatar into a pose and hold it there? FYI, if I don't 'loop' the animation in the Avatar Effect script, the animation plays through only once inworld - the avatar sits then stands up and remains standing.