1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Apply for Scripting Access Here

Discussion in 'General' started by Adam, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hi there,

As part of EP9, we will be introducing our first script & API runtimes. There will be two betas running concurrently for scripting. If you are interested in getting early access to scripting and are willing to contribute detailed feedback and testing, please put your name down here.

Thanks!

Netsurai likes this.
  2. Yep, count me 'in' :)

3. Serp

Serp New Member

This is what I've been waiting for.

4. DocYare

DocYare New Member

Yes for sure! :p

5. Jason At CNDG

Jason At CNDG New Member

Adding my name to the hat.

6. ortath

ortath New Member

I am experienced in programming and scripting and interested in giving feedback and detailed suggestions, perhaps more, as I will be working with script based experiences in sine space. I also have an interest in helping to creating standards and methods for porting scenes and avatars to different host systems as I mention in my site uavatars.com.

I will be focusing on many different features at different times. My first suggestion is regarding improving wiki documentation about using provided scripts. For example the vehicle documentation does not say very much about what the "main mesh" is that the box collider should be added to. If a Pickup from a prefab has children objects of TailGate and individual wheels, is the pickup the main mesh even though the wheels are under it in the heirarchy? A graphic showing a vehicle in the heirarchy that works would be useful. Of course some text and suggested values on each attribute should be there as well. I am also wondering if we would consider optionally allowing different physics per region such as Eddy's Vehicle physics.

7. Falta

Falta New Member

Please add me - thank you

8. joshuatee

joshuatee New Member

may I join? :) thanx

9. Adam

OK - so good news.

Scripting is now running - we have however changed the universal (i.e. WebGL/Mobile-compatible) language from Javascript to LUA. The desktop-only language remains as C#. I'll try get a preview release of this slipped into our upcoming 5.5-compatibility release.

10. Adam

11. Pirate Pete

Pirate Pete New Member

Adam, is this still open? I'd like to try it out please!

12. Adam

No need to apply - it's in the EP9 release. Hop into the skype chat to get EP9's beta. :)