1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Blender Tools [Hair mesh Addons]

Discussion in 'Resources & Downloads' started by BARVA, Aug 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. BARVA

By:BARVAAug 12, 2018

Hillooo fellow devs!

Was looking at blender addons when I came across these two little gems
    I noticed that there is not a lot of hair choice in the catalog and tough i would share these here in the hopes of encouraging meshers to make moarrr hairs :D
    Now yes, they are paid addons, but I do think they are a must have if you want to make hair quicker, thus boosting motivation
    I am thinking of buying the HairMesher, but need to step up my weight painting game before hand

HairMesher 18 US (Turns particle hair into mesh) - sellfy.com/p/XFbE/
    Hair tool 34 US (Uses a mesh base system to convert to hair strands, my english sucks, so not sure how to describe it, so look at there awesome tutorial vids to see it in action) - gumroad.com/l/hairtool

I also suggest reading the descriptions and looking at the forum threads for both tools before making your choice

ghaelen likes this.
  2. BARVA

By:BARVAAug 15, 2018

Update: Decided to hop for the Hair Tool, simply because it as 2 methods to generate hair (From a base mesh or from particles)
    Tried it yesterday, not bad, not perfect but not bad. I will send a suggestion to the creator to make an option to prevent overlapping of the ribbons
    Sure you can tweek them manually, but with 40+ ribbons, it beats the tools purpouse of saving time and not starting from scratch lol
    Maybe there is a way already, but did not see it in his tutorials... anyways 4 out of 5* atm for all the usefull tools included withing the addon

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    wetcircuit likes this.
  3. Adam

By:AdamAug 22, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

I grabbed this a while back too - but haven't had the time to learn it properly; keen to hear how it is.