1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Clickable Swing Door Animator States

Discussion in 'General' started by ghaelen, Mar 8, 2017.

Share This Page

1. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMar 8, 2017

I have a swinging door that is animated and has the rigid body, clickable activator, box collider, and animator components attached. In play mode, the animation plays beautifully, so huzzah! However, it loops, so let's stop that. I uncheck looping in the animation but it doesn't stop.

So in the animator I see that from state 'entry' to the animation is immediate. I assume that I need to start the state idle, so I create a new state called 'Idle Close' and add it in between. Now in play mode the door starts out closed. And I get the 'clickable' hand. But clicking doesn't open the door. So I'm stuck.

I think I need a transition or state that tells the animation to begin on click. I also think it is a condition on which the animation begins, such as 'onclick'. But I don't know how to do that, and so many tutorials show only automated doors and I can't find one that shows step by step how to insert "that one thing' that will tell the animator to start the animation when clicked/touched.

This is what I have.

[​IMG]

The wiki shows door animating up to a point - but doesn't show the animator transition how-to.

It does show the 'add set trigger' in the proximity activator, but which one do I add? - SetTrigger(int) or SetTrigger(string) Neither seems to make a difference. I've gone through a lot of the choices, and none seem to do anything. So I'm stuck again.