1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Delay for submitted items to in-client shop?

Discussion in 'General' started by Karma, Oct 12, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Karma

By:KarmaOct 12, 2018

Is there sometimes a delay of a day or so for an item to be visible in space or is that something I can file an issue ticket for?

i.e. The items appears in the web inventory sine.space/shop/ (Wedding Band) by Monks, but not in the space client.

Deep bow.

2. ghaelen

By:ghaelenOct 12, 2018
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi Karma,

I have always found that my items appear in the inworld inventory and shop before the website shop. I see your items are in Clothing/Accessory, but there might be a new sub-category that isn't set up in the inworld shop yet. I can't tell if your items are in one of those. I recommend checking the category you put it in, then looking to see if there are any other items in that category in the live shop inworld. If not, choose one that is already visible, put your items in there for now, then let us know which category you wanted to use. If that's the issue and since it's specific to your item, the best place for that request would be on the mantis issues site. Many of the sub categories are organized, but not visible yet.

I'm also asking about this and will let you know if I find out something different is affecting the item inworld.

3. Karma

By:KarmaOct 13, 2018

Oh thanks Ghaelen that gives me a place to look. In unity we set it to Clothes/Accessory/Rings but in world the categories seem to be Misc. Jewlery, Glasses, Bracelets. I can put write up an issue ticket. We have one other item that isn't showing up either in world or on the web, I can go back and re-check it's category too.

thank you so much.
    ~Karma

ghaelen likes this.
  4. Trilo

By:TriloOct 13, 2018

For all category-related issues and questions, the person to get in touch with is Allen. You can find him on Discord, or in world (username Allen or AllenX) He can double-check a misbehaving category, as well as activate a category that has not yet been used (first time an item gets posted in a new category, he has to do a couple things behind the scenes).

5. Karma

Thanks Trilo, I posted a ticket last night in the issue tracker. Where do I post something in Discord? I've looked around and haven't found my footing yet. Also, how do you search for someone in-world?

6. ghaelen

By:ghaelenOct 13, 2018
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi Karma,

Allen is aware of your issue. He also said that the website as limited by category as the inworld shop, so items may appear on the website and not inworld. If you added your requested category to your ticket, he'll get that set up. Clothing/Accessories/Rings, is what I told him.

Karma likes this.
  7. Karma

Ring was actually a pre-populated category on the space unity script for clothing. I would have been fine to select accessory or something broader and I certainly still can.
    I'll wait to let the pros decide how they want to group products getting that right the way they want it to work will be so helpful down the road for all of us. It's seriously cool to watch all of the thoughtful considerations the developers are making each step of the way. We are impressed every day by the progress being made.

8. ghaelen

By:ghaelenOct 13, 2018
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've added items to categories already listed in the editor as well, but they are sometimes not yet showing inworld. So that category should show inworld fairly soon, now that someone (you!) wants to use it.

Karma likes this.
  9. Trilo

By:TriloOct 14, 2018

Sending messages to another user should be fairly intuitive on both. To send a user a message on discord or in-world, you would look that person up (browse or search their name from the user list) and then send them a message. Both discord and the in-world client have search boxes at the top. In Discord I think if you click on a user's name you get an option to send them a message, and in-world when you see the search results you can filter by type (region, user, group, etc). Then when you see that user's name, I think it gives you options for chat or detail (and on the detail popup there are options for messaging the person too).