1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting test regions

Discussion in 'General' started by ghaelen, Jan 21, 2017.

1. ghaelen

ghaelen Member

I've found the region management instructions, but I can't find out how to delete a test region/room with a bad name and bad content. I'd rather not have a long list of disabled rooms - is there a way to delete the ones I don't use?

2. ghaelen

ghaelen Member

The delete button is lit up in the in-world list of 'rooms' today. It was grayed out (for me, anyway) but now is green :) So now both 'disable' and 'delete' works for each room.

3. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

I highly recommend not using the delete button, unless absolutely necessary. The way that works is that it will not only kill the region from your rooms list, but it kills the name reservation (so even if you upload a new region with that name at some point down the road, it will not show up in your rooms list). Getting it back would generally require filing a support ticket, or tracking down one of the handful of people who can do the necessary work to restore the name so it can be re-used again.

If you don't want to use a room/region, just disable it. Nobody else can see a region on your list unless it's enabled, and it does not count towards your subscription settings unless it is both enabled and pushed to the live server.