1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Demolition Derby - Masterclass & Workshop Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam, Nov 3, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Adam

By:AdamNov 3, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi everyone,

As I announced in my masterclass today, I'll be doing a demo derby event - building the arena, the vehicles and finally a template vehicle for creators to use in an event a few days later.

Derric has awesomely volunteered to help make some models for this - so we need to come up with some ideas on what we want this to look like, and if anyone else wants to contribute, that'd be awesome.

Thread open to suggestions - I'll close off the suggestions just before I do the first tutorial on Friday next week.

Thanks! :D

Adam

2. Derric Foggarty

By:Derric FoggartyNov 6, 2017

Hi Guys,

Just been googling about to get some ideas for this demolition derby and im just wondering should it be an open arena or have some sort of track course, I personally think a track might be better.

Some props aswell such as tyres, barrels, crash barriers, stands and so on. A fire pit would be cool so you can bash other cars into it or some sort spike or small spring platform when you roll over it and shoots your car into the air, something like that TV show Robot wars comes to mind.

3. GameMeister

By:GameMeisterNov 10, 2017

I think we need to consider both Player vs Player (PvP) but also Play vs Environment (PvE) in the game play damages and such. As for the course, we can start with a track course but design with options in mind for making it switchable to different track configurations to keep things interesting. Also be nice to have racing stuff like pit areas and a place for giving awards at the end of the race. I play weekly demolition derbies in another world and we setup scoring so that you get rewards for first one destroyed (to get people to play hard) and for last car standing and the vehicle that caused the most damages. And would we want this to be part of the current vehicle script or something separate?