1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Difference between Home and Region ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Genetic Drifter, Jul 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Genetic Drifter

Genetic Drifter New Member

Hello,

From a content creator/developer's perspective, what can't I do with a home area that I can with a region ?

For example, could a person create a store in their home area ? Could a person create a scripted game in their home area ?

I see home areas have an option to load a "template". Is creating a home template similar to uploading a region from a unity scene ?

Any help much appreciated.

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hey, you can do all those things in both - there's no real substantial difference between the two in terms of capability.

The inworld 'home' system does let you load templates produced in Unity - you need to use the 'room floor' system in Unity to set it up for inworld editing and turn it into a template; but basically that acts as a 'substrate' which you can then build inworld ontop of.

Hopefully that answer's the Q. :)