1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Experimental Editor Packs

Discussion in 'General' started by Adam, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Using this thread to release experimental editor packs - the current stable release is the version available on the creator downloads.

That said, if you want to use the latest and greatest features these editor packs exist. If you're doing work with real projects, please use the stable packs - these experimental ones may contain new bugs or issues.

Editor Pack 9.8:
    Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gjatn7bz1oq3v8v/EditorPack-09p8.unitypackage?dl=0

Patch 01 (apply after 9.8): https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk3ofjh3b8otdeu/EditorPack-09p8-patch01.unitypackage?dl=1

NOTE: If you are installing the editor pack from scratch (not upgrading from a previous version), you need to create a new empty folder named 'Editor Default Resources' in your Assets/ folder for the 'Upload Settings' menu to work. (This is a bug fixed in the release version that will be coming soon.) - my apologies, we were trying to make things easier and broke something.​

This pack contains the new Post FX components made available in the 3.31/4.01 viewer; some updates to the room floor and furniture components, and the new CineMachine support (note, please do not use CineMachine directly, as Unity are breaking compatibility for the last time in 1.6, we'll update to that version soon.)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  2. Lex4art

Lex4art Member

Btw, if possible - please share estimate about final version of this editor pack - is it near or planned for summer? Actual for me ).

3. Adam

Oh, final version should be coming soon - we're actually going to be jumping straight to EP10 as the next patch. Expect an announcement soon (probably during my office hours this week).

Lex4art likes this.
  4. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

Lex, if you're feeling adventurous an experimental version of EP10 is circulating in chat, otherwise I think Editor Pack 10 is due for release in the next few days. New desktop client builds are also in the works and expected by tomorrow.

Lex4art likes this.
  5. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

7 weeks later, is there any sign of Editor Pack 10p1?

6. Adam

Handed it off for internal testing on Thursday. :)

7. Adam

A private-beta version is available. If you want a copy, send me a message.

8. Adam

9. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

Here are a couple things:
    • I mentioned the one in chat about the modular vendor preview...
    • Not really a bug, but Water Zone (mentioned in office hours) is not yet included
    • Also not really a bug, but housekeeping issue - installing Space Pack in empty project creates 10 folders off the Assets folder. I think that can make things really complicated and confusing for some users as their projects become more complex.
    • Also not really a bug, but housekeeping issue - The 'Space' menu appears in a fairly random order. That could also be confusing?
      Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 8.32.40 AM.png
    • Import Clothing Menu brings up a floater window with a blank panel.
    • Smart Lighting Presets floater, text is way too small (difficult to read even with glasses) and text on tab title cut off Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 8.31.29 AM.png
    • PlayerChar does not appear to work consistently. First several times it went into playmode, but I could not control the character. Other times it would move, but visuals seemed off.
    Overall though, looks like a really solid (and awesome) update!

Adam and AshaSekayi like this.
  10. Adam

Hi everyone

I have another experimental update: 10p6:

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/euptapq568e3ojb/EditorPack-10-p6.unitypackage?dl=1
    Important note: Please delete the 'Bundled Extensions' folder BEFORE importing this editor pack (or you'll get a compile error that you can fix by also deleting that directory.)

This EP contains a number of new improvements/fixes since 10p5:
    - New Platform Zone, lets you define sticky/grippy areas on things like vehicles, where if a player is standing inside, they'll move with the object that the Platform Zone is attached to. (Boats might really appreciate this). In a rare situation for us, this also allows you to temporarily re-orient an avatar so Y is not up.
    - [Collider] Trigger Activator - allows proximityactivator/clickableactivator style events, off a collider 'is trigger' zone.
    - Camera Zone - allows you to specify min/max distances the camera should be in the range of (distance from avatar) when entering this zone. Needs a collider with 'is trigger' set. Useful for having the camera zoom in a bit closer when you go indoors.
    - Cloth Physics now supports 'Pair Sphere' colliders which can produce more accurate physics shells on avatars.
    - Fixes and improvements to the scripting runtime.

ZareShadows likes this.
  11. Adam

12. Adam

This editor pack includes updates to the Modular Vehicle scripts, the new 'Screenshot XXXXX' components for building custom filters/poses/composers & overlays. Also adds official support for CineMachine in your personal regions as well, we'll begin exposing that more to scripting when we do the 2017.1 update soon.

13. Lex4art

Lex4art Member

Question: last package + update to 10p7 - this is for Unity 5.6 or Unity 2017.1?

14. Adam

5.6; we haven't officially updated to 2017.1, yet, but I'm expecting we'll be doing that during the next week. It should work with 2017.1 however, but I can't guarantee it.

Lex4art likes this.
  15. Adam

Hi everyone,

I am away this weekend - but rather than delay things further, I am providing a quick patch here 10p7-patch10: Download here

This contains the Light Proxy Updater, and Reflection Probe Updater scripts (@Lex4art ). I'll be shipping a properly integrated 10p8 on monday which has Virtual Good Bundles, and a few other new toys (such as external script editing). However, this patch does have some other new improvements.

The biggest is for people uploading scenes with 2K/4K/8K textures which are in TIFF/TGA/PSD format and need to be decompressed/recompressed to upload - this will now cache the results (so subsequent uploads are much faster). There is a number of other improvements/fixes, however we'll have to wait for Monday for full release notes (which will be going onto the Blog from now on, along with viewer notes)

I have not yet had a proper chance to test this pack, so please backup your projects before importing this EP, but for those chomping at the bit for those features, they're available.

AshaSekayi and Lex4art like this.
  16. Adam

AshaSekayi and Lex4art like this.
  17. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

I've been away for a couple weeks but haven't seen anything posted here or in chat. Are we still on Unity 5.6.x or have things moved to 2017.1.x?

18. Adam

Hey, will be back & around properly tomorrow - we're still on 5.6, but 2017.1.1 finally released at the end of last week, so we'll start the update process soonish.

We're tracking a couple of macOS specific issues at the moment with more recent versions of 5.6 (we had to downgrade back to 5.6.1p1 with 9.05, since 5.6.2+ has been unstable on Intel/macOS), which I need to verify don't exist in 2017 before we do the upgrade however.