1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Floors and Walls Materials Packs

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Trilo, Nov 20, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Trilo

By:TriloNov 20, 2018

Now available in the shoppe, I have released a few materials packs! I started creating them in support of the Fairfield home & region template that I'm still working on, but these sets can be used in any region that allows you to swap materials. There are 4 sets currently available: first is a loop style carpeting materials pack in 8 different variants...

Fairfield_CarpetLoop_512.jpg

The wood flooring pack has a number of oak wood floor options as well as wood planks (great for porches and decks)...

Fairfield_WoodFlooring1_512.jpg

And then two different wall paint sets that cover a wide range of colors...

Fairfield_WallPaint1_512.jpg

Fairfield_WallPaint2_512.jpg

The variants are not just simply basic color tints, there are also subtle variations in grains, intensity, smoothness and finish so that these PBR (physically based rendering) materials look and feel right when used to help customize your space. They are also procedurally generated, which means you get maximum quality and detail with minimal file size impact.

Calum likes this.
  2. Trilo

By:TriloNov 22, 2018

I've released another pack, this one a set specific to crown and baseboard moldings. While the paint materials can work on those elements of a build, their shape resulted in regular wood materials looking squashed or stretched. This pack is optimized just for those spaces. Four natural woodgrains (oak, mahogany, european ash, and white cedar), and 4 stained wood options, each with their own unique setups for woodgrains and knots, and finish.

Molding1_512.jpg

Calum and BlakOpal like this.
  3. Trilo

By:TriloDec 8, 2018

As I've been getting closer to finishing my first region template, I've gotten a couple more materials packs ready to go as well. Tile Flooring volume 1 and Cabinets volume 1 are in the shop now, and two packs of spanish plaster are due to be released next week. If the home you've built or bought supports swappable materials, you can do that easily in the Room Editor. Once you've opened up that tool, click on the Material button in the toolbar
    editor-settings.png

Once you click that, you will see a floating window on the left side of the screen, and you will see any swappable materials in that particular room will be listed (and yes, it is possible to set up each room in the house separately, just click the All Areas button to see the list and switch).

materials-panel.png

Once you click on Swap Material, you'll see another popup showing a list of the different materials packs in your inventory (it can take a minute for everything to load):

materialschooser.png

That's it, easy customization!

4. Trilo

By:TriloDec 20, 2018

I've added both a wallpaper pack and a shag carpet pack to the shop.