1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Future of avatars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tweedle Dee, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Tweedle Dee

Tweedle Dee New Member

I am wondering if there are plans to allow non-human type avatars? Basically, I am wondering how changeable the skeleton and other features are?

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hey, pretty changeable - I've already got a nice spider avatar which you can see here:

That said, for humanoids - you'll want to stick preferably to the primary ones we supply; while other humanoids can and will work, you get some benefits from our one you won't otherwise (notably things like lipsync on audio, and so forth.)

3. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

Space has allowed non-human avatars from the start. Content creators just need to do the necessary skeleton rigging as far as I'm aware.

When creating avatars, avoid the trap of using the costume replacement (bypass avatars) on any kind of humanoids. If you go the bypass route, you lose out on shape sliders and being able to use clothing and the upcoming face tracking.