1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

"grey labeling" ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torgon Woodget, Nov 16, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Torgon Woodget

By:Torgon WoodgetNov 16, 2017

I think i recently (sunday?) heard someone mentioning "grey labeled" servers? What exactly is that?

2. Xulain

By:XulainNov 16, 2017

I think a grey labeled 3rd party server can connect to sinespace and use sinespace features like the market .Where as a white labeled 3rd party server cannot use things like the sinespace market.
    (If I am correct I think it should be changed to the other way round it would make more sense)
    I could be completely wrong here but this is what I think was said in yesterdays office hours.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  3. Adam

By:AdamNov 16, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, gray label is a variant of our white label product where you retain a connection to the main grid, but still get custom viewers and the white label functions. Teleports to/from the main grid are possible, as is access to the marketplace (both of these are optional).

We generally prefer and encourage it - most of our existing white label customers are doing things this way.

4. Torgon Woodget

By:Torgon WoodgetNov 16, 2017

Ah ok, thanks a lot