1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Headsup on MSI Laptop freezes during installation of Unity

Discussion in 'General' started by Mary Blackwell, Dec 28, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Mary Blackwell

By:Mary BlackwellDec 28, 2016

tl; dr If you have an MSI computer, and your Unity screen freezes up all the time, then the problem is caused by a program "Nahimic for MSI" and uninstalling that program solves the problem for Unity.

This is a problem with some MSI laptops, and possibly some other MSI computers.

I am a new space user and when I followed the Get Started instructions, my computer kept freezing up every time I tried to import the Editor Pack.

After trying a bunch of different things, and talking to Adam F, we figured out that it was a problem with Unity rather than with anything else.

I did a search on "Unity screen freezes MSI laptop" and found this thread at the Unity forums.

The bottom line is that the program is caused by a program "Nahimic for MSI" and if you remove that program from your laptop, it solves the problem for Unity.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016