1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Headsup on MSI Laptop freezes during installation of Unity

Discussion in 'General' started by Mary Blackwell, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Mary Blackwell

Mary Blackwell New Member

tl; dr If you have an MSI computer, and your Unity screen freezes up all the time, then the problem is caused by a program "Nahimic for MSI" and uninstalling that program solves the problem for Unity.

This is a problem with some MSI laptops, and possibly some other MSI computers.

I am a new space user and when I followed the Get Started instructions, my computer kept freezing up every time I tried to import the Editor Pack.

After trying a bunch of different things, and talking to Adam F, we figured out that it was a problem with Unity rather than with anything else.

I did a search on "Unity screen freezes MSI laptop" and found this thread at the Unity forums.

The bottom line is that the program is caused by a program "Nahimic for MSI" and if you remove that program from your laptop, it solves the problem for Unity.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016