1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Help Document Scripting & Earn rewards

Discussion in 'Job Offers' started by Adam, Apr 19, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Adam

By:AdamApr 19, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

To help other scripters get started with scripting - we need more examples - especially on the wiki.

To that end, we're offering some rewards to people who help out - because likely we'll end up with a lot of people claiming smaller rewards, we're going to run this a little differently than the other larger bounties in this forum.

There currently is around 600 methods, fields and properties in the space API. I would like to get these all documented with a example for each. They don't need to be complex examples, just enough to show the basics - and also enough to test the function behaves as expected. There are a lot of low hanging fruit - simple functions which should only take a minute or two to write.

For example, SQuaternion.Euler - the following suffices:

Code:
    -- Stores the euler rotation (X:0, Y: 180, Z: 0) into a local variable
    local quat = Quaternion.Euler(0,180,0);

I would prefer if possible they had some functional aim, e.g.

Code:
    -- Sets the host object rotation to (X:0, Y: 180, Z: 0).
    Space.Host.ExecutingObject.WorldRotation = Quaternion.Euler(0,180,0);

(This second example could be re-used for both SGameObject.WorldRotation and Quaternion.Euler() - that's perfectly OK)

For each of these basic examples you make, we'll either give 100 Gold, or $1.00 towards a subscription credit (i.e. if you document 50 methods, then it's either 5000 Gold, or a $50 subscription coupon). If you write more than 100 examples, we'll automatically qualify you for our existing referral program & the associated lifetime subscription reward.

If you've already documented some - we'll qualify those retroactively for the bonus, just fill in the sheet as per below.

Examples must be posted to the wiki. The first person to document a particular function (and provide a working example), as visible in the wiki edit history, gets the reward. If you've found a bug in scripting and can provide a working test case of the bug - we'll double the bonus for that function.

Bugs can be reported in the Bug Reports forum, please post the offending test script and/or a .unitypackage if it's a more complicated bug that requires some setup to demonstrate.

To claim - please maintain a spreadsheet with three columns: Class Name, Function/Field Name, Wiki link and email it to me - adam@sinewavecompany.com

Thanks!

Mike (CNDG) likes this.
  2. Adam

By:AdamApr 19, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

3. Mike (CNDG)

By:Mike (CNDG)Apr 19, 2017

I'll add to it where possible

Adam likes this.