1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Improvements to Processing related emails

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by James Stallings, Mar 9, 2018.

Share This Page

1. James Stallings

By:James StallingsMar 9, 2018

Greetings!

I'd love to see an email autoresponder we could ping and get detailed status on the processing queue at any given time.

Basically, such an hypothetical autoresponder would respond to any email from a registered creator's address with the processing status of his/her items; per item status whether they were queued, in processing, or finished. Also, if queued, how many items are ahead in the queue.

Thanks for all the brilliant work :D

Cheers
    James

2. Trilo

By:TriloMar 12, 2018

Other than displaying the number of items ahead of an upload in the queue, I think that info is all displayed on curator. I've occasionally wondered about the number of items ahead, but then realized that the number is relatively meaningless without context. Different types of items, and depending on that item type's content, the amount of time it takes to process could vary considerably. While regions tend to take 15-60 minutes, I've seen some only take a few minutes and others take well over an hour. And on the items front, bundles or color patterns can process relatively quickly, while other virtual goods can take a fair amount of time. And significantly more when it comes to LOD items.

3. James Stallings

By:James StallingsMar 17, 2018

Yep, I have come to realize that I can gather all the meaningful information from a couple different sources. I think the thing that drove this request was when the queue was hiccuping and I was having difficulty making sense of the things I was seeing. Since the queue issues cleared up, it's been far less of an issue keeping up.