1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Interactive Story Hunt for the Koffee Kart

Discussion in 'Events' started by ghaelen, May 5, 2018.

Share This Page

1. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 5, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

Update June 26, 2018: Scroll to the last reply below for the latest news!

(Update: July 3. There are a few clues to help you find the kart pieces if you are having a hard time locating them. Scroll to the last post with the list of regions)

There's a rumour about in the Sinespace community that the Koffee Kart has gone missing before it was even delivered. Speculation is running rampant about what could have happened to it and where it could be. Pieces of the Kart have been spotted in a few regions, but only for a fleeting moment. Koffee stains near the sighting have also been reported - the latest has just been cleaned from off of the decking in the Welcome Center.

It seems the Koffee Kart was on its way to being delivered, but it hasn't made it to the Welcome Center yet.

We need your help to find it!

So we're putting together a Hunt for the Koffee Kart

This is a set of hunt quests. Each will give a gift and a clue for another piece of the cart. With enough clues, we should be able to find all the pieces and put them together so we can have a Koffee Kart in the Welcome Center and our guides and Community Manager, Dolome, can finally have a hot cup of coffee while they help members of our community.

If you have ideas for prizes (some have suggested kitchen items), I'd love to hear them.

If you want to help create those prizes, please indicate that and I'll make sure you get the details. :)
    :) <(this smiley is too darned goof-ally cute)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    BrianC-Inkpen and ZareShadows like this.
  2. DixieChick

By:DixieChickMay 5, 2018

Did a bit of brainstorming and thought I'd post some. Some should be fairly simple, however, I've not gotten much into the creation side of things yet. (all in due time, I suppose).

•Donuts (furniture item that can be placed on a region as decoration.. Alternatively a giant wearable donut *kinda like the easter egg models that were used at Easter)

• Really really spikey hair (but would have to have male and female, and no way to tell which one is doing the quest)

• Googley eyes animated to shift back and forth (dunno if this can even be done)

• hand Held coffee cups (maybe with the sinespace logo?)

• maybe a new gesture firework? (people love fireworks)

• speaking of gestures .. maybe a hyper dance or celebration type animation?

• coffee bean grinder (furniture item)

• coffee maker or coffee pot (furniture item)

• breakfast nook style furnishings?

• wings (coz .. not only red bull gives you wings.. Coffee used to before Red Bull came around)

I'm sure I'll think of more.. and more.. and more.. And of course, some may be lame, but just kinda a brainstorm session was nice for a few minutes :)

ZareShadows likes this.
  3. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 6, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

Donuts, definitely donuts.
    Coffee maker - hmmm, maybe, or maybe a coffee/tea serving pot
    New style of coffee cups on their way :)

coffee grinder would be fun, if not too complex. I have one in RL with the old crank handle but that would take (me) a long time to create. ;)

maybe sugar/creamer on a tray?

There are two celebration gestures in the shop, I believe. Celebration 2&3 - might even be a Celebration 1.

4. Juliein3D

By:Juliein3DMay 11, 2018

Drinking coffee animation :) That would be fun with a mug for am meetings :)

5. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 12, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

There is one (gesture emote in the shop), but when it loops you end up dumping your coffee on the ground. Kind of funny but sad, too. Working on an improvement.

6. ghaelen

By:ghaelenJun 26, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

Finally, some news!

To begin, I should show you a picture of the Koffee Kart with the Accessories I ordered for the Welcome Center

koffeekartorder.jpg

It took a long time, but the WayWard Delivery Company finally admitted were investigating my claims of a lost Koffee Kart order. One of their drivers had taken a short cut down a backcountry road, had hit several deep washboard ruts over the course of two miles, and didn’t notice the back doors askew until he stopped for coffee. He looked inside the truck, saw a few boxes had shifted during their bumpy ride, shifted them back and went on to the destination warehouse.

When asked about the Koffee Kart order, he said he didn't see a koffee kart. The Best Brew Company claimed they had loaded the kart (and the sacks of coffee beans) themselves. The Space Java Company (next door to Best Brew) also claimed to have loaded their tins of coffee as well as the appliance crate into the WayWard Delivery Truck. Nothing from our order was in the delivery truck! Neither the delivery company nor either brewing company would take responsibility for the lost order and told me I would have to order again. The new order would take another six months because now they were sold out of koffee karts!

Well, knowing our Welcome Center Guides and Community Manager Dolome needed that coffee, I doubled down and insisted they check the truck and paperwork again.

After three weeks, they finally got the truth out of the driver. Chagrined, the WayWard Company Rep set off to try and locate the missing order. He could find no sign of the Koffee Kart, Best Brew Beans, or Space Java Accessories crate. All he found were a couple of wheels. The rest is out there somewhere!

So, we are going to find the Koffee Kart, and we need your help to do it! If we can find all of the pieces, Space said he could put them back together with his special Space Glue and Space Tape. But it will take all of us out there looking for the kart, the beans, and the crate of accessories.

As an incentive, we've offered rewards for each piece of the kart you find. Then the pieces of the kart go to Space and he puts the kart together for the Welcome Center.

KoffeeKartPrizesSign.jpg

There is a sign in the Welcome Center listing all of the regions the delivery truck passed through. The pieces of the kart could be in any one (or all) of them! We also don’t know how many pieces are in each region, but we think there might be half a dozen.

Regions we 'think' contain Kart Pieces (and clues to their possible locations):

Lyk-Art Synthetic (Search in Explore Tab): Bright lights and enticing attire only make my functional structure more obvious, if not more easily seen.

Winter Lake (Popular List): Across the lake from where ice meets wood, I bounced off the trail toward my own frozen demise.

Dessert Track (Popular): Dessert Track: I am the sweet prize atop the surface. Don't you often travel the longer and higher road to get that one special treat?

381 Club (Featured List): I'm held neither on the road but nearly beneath. Light glints from the metal and the grass prevented the crushing of me.

Convergence (Featured): I am sinking fast but I am not yet ruined, as this ancient building will someday be. Still I hold my precious form!

FCHS Space Colony (Search in Explore Tab): I landed without breaking, a wonder but for the low gravity. In a high structure you can unpack and find me.

GuitaraHalla (Featured): Boulders here and boulders there. I wait to reward you, though no one can sit near and ponder what holds me.

The Koffee Kart Hunt Begins on June 27, and ends sometime during the Summer Festival: July 14-20, 2018.

If you aren't yet in Signspace, sign up here and join the hunt: Sign up for Free!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018