1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Interim Event Quest: Hunt for the Koffee Kart

Discussion in 'Events' started by ghaelen, May 5, 2018.

Share This Page

1. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 5, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

(An interim hunt is scheduled at some point in between major events. So it will begin some time in late May, after World Goth Day events at Gothika and before the Summer Festival)

There's a rumour about in the Sinespace community that the Koffee Kart has gone missing before it was even delivered. Speculation is running rampant about what could have happened to it and where it could be. Pieces of the Kart have been spotted in a few regions, but only for a fleeting moment. Koffee stains near the sighting have also been reported - the latest has just been cleaned from off of the decking in the Welcome Center.

It seems the Koffee Kart was on its way to being delivered, but it hasn't made it to the Welcome Center yet.

We need your help to find it!

So we're putting together a Hunt for the Koffee Kart

This is a set of hunt quests. Each will give a gift and a clue for another piece of the cart. With enough clues, we should be able to find all the pieces and put them together so our guides and Community Manager, Dolome, can finally have a hot cup of coffee.

If you have ideas for prizes (some have suggested kitchen items), I'd love to hear them.

If you want to help create those prizes, please indicate that and I'll make sure you get the details. :)
    :) <(this smiley is too darned goof-ally cute)

ZareShadows likes this.
  2. DixieChick

By:DixieChickMay 5, 2018

Did a bit of brainstorming and thought I'd post some. Some should be fairly simple, however, I've not gotten much into the creation side of things yet. (all in due time, I suppose).

•Donuts (furniture item that can be placed on a region as decoration.. Alternatively a giant wearable donut *kinda like the easter egg models that were used at Easter)

• Really really spikey hair (but would have to have male and female, and no way to tell which one is doing the quest)

• Googley eyes animated to shift back and forth (dunno if this can even be done)

• hand Held coffee cups (maybe with the sinespace logo?)

• maybe a new gesture firework? (people love fireworks)

• speaking of gestures .. maybe a hyper dance or celebration type animation?

• coffee bean grinder (furniture item)

• coffee maker or coffee pot (furniture item)

• breakfast nook style furnishings?

• wings (coz .. not only red bull gives you wings.. Coffee used to before Red Bull came around)

I'm sure I'll think of more.. and more.. and more.. And of course, some may be lame, but just kinda a brainstorm session was nice for a few minutes :)

ZareShadows likes this.
  3. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 6, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

Donuts, definitely donuts.
    Coffee maker - hmmm, maybe, or maybe a coffee/tea serving pot
    New style of coffee cups on their way :)

coffee grinder would be fun, if not too complex. I have one in RL with the old crank handle but that would take (me) a long time to create. ;)

maybe sugar/creamer on a tray?

There are two celebration gestures in the shop, I believe. Celebration 2&3 - might even be a Celebration 1.

4. Juliein3D

By:Juliein3DMay 11, 2018

Drinking coffee animation :) That would be fun with a mug for am meetings :)

5. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 12, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

There is one (gesture emote in the shop), but when it loops you end up dumping your coffee on the ground. Kind of funny but sad, too. Working on an improvement.