1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report Mail Button and then New Mail not populating recipients list

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Austin Tate, Sep 15, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateSep 15, 2017

In the sinspace viewer (Windows 0.9.05) if you try to initiate mail with the Mail icon in the top right and then "New Mail" the recipients list is empty.

Image2.jpg

You seem to need to go to friends, open a friend's profile, go to more information and click on the mail link there at least once.

After you have done that you can then use the mail icon in the top right and new mail... and the recipients list is populated. There must be an initialization issue that is resolved after using the friends list once.

Also, I feel it should be possible to initiate mail (and indeed invite friendship) to a known avatar name without them already being in your fiends list. The boxes could allow a type in option. I have found linking with colleagues in other time zones and arranging to be online in the same region at the same time just to offer and confirm friendship very awkward. An asynch methods would be offered by allowing a know avatar name to be typed in. It should be checked to ensure its a valid user name or a warning given.

Also, I think a way to be able to click on an avatar to initiate an Add Friend and Chat would be useful without going through the three step process of open profile,, see additional details and use the icons there.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  2. Adam

By:AdamSep 18, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Noted, thanks for the report!