1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mismatched ID: Is This Normal?

Discussion in 'General' started by cybertwigs, Oct 10, 2016.

1. cybertwigs

cybertwigs New Member

Using EP7, the ID number in the "Space/Items and Status" window is 6 digits, and the corresponding items on the Curator webpage are 7 digits long (matching ID numbers except for last digit). Overwriting items by entering the 6 digit ID in "Resume ID" doesnt reclaim the reserved scene url. Overwriting with reference to the 7 digit ID did reserve the original scene url, but that was after I'd applied both ID overwrites (so not sure if it was doing both that worked or just the latter). Is that normal? Please clarify the correct steps on how to delete/overwrite scenes and retain the original url? Thanks.

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hey there, sorry - missed this earlier; if you can open a support ticket about this listing the two IDs, I'll get someone to look into it and give you a answer for that specific item.

Generally speaking you should be overwriting with the exact same ID as originally (there was a jump in the IDs, but the 6 & 7 digits are still from the same number series)

Thanks!

3. cybertwigs

cybertwigs New Member

I've noticed this 6/7 digit difference with ALL my items (scenes) which is why I wondered if it was normal, and I just needed to learn how to overwrite/delete scenes a correct way. I'll submit a ticket sure, thanks!