1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help with fog particles.

Discussion in 'General' started by Spiral Silverstar, Apr 29, 2017.

1. I have purchased a few different fog/smoke particle effects from the asset store. These effects look perfect in the Unity editor, but when uploaded to the creator server, they all appear as a 2D flat particle effect. Does anyone else have this problem or have an idea how to fix the problem? Thanks!

flat fog.jpg

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hey Spiral,

Just to check - in the particle effect, under Renderer, there's a mode (which includes vertical billboard among others), can I see what setting is there; also what shader is the particle using?

Thanks

3. Here you are:

particle info.jpg

4. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Thanks. I'll need to run it through the 5.6 queue to be able to load it up in my editor, but that does look setup correctly.

5. ...I'll be here, patiently waiting. :)

6. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

I want to say check the particle or material's blend mode settings? It's been a while since I fooled with Unity particle effects (was trying to create dust clouds), and I recall that if the blend settings were off they looked like a bunch of flat 2D particles.

7. Nopes. That's not it, I've tried several diff ones. Adam thinks it is a bug in Unity. :-(

8. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

You should be able to easily confirm whether it's a Unity bug by checking the forum threads for the various assets. If that is the case, other users as well as the developers will be talking about it, and there may already be some workarounds.