1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report No Audio

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xulain, Oct 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Xulain

Xulain New Member

When I enter a scene I get audio at full volume briefly and then nothing no audio at all.
    Kinda kills the experience walking around with no sound so I hope this gets fixed soon.
    I am using the client not a browser (v0.9.29) and my system has 2 sound cards (1 onboard) which I think is probably the problem but it shouldn't be as they work fine with everything else .

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hey, which regions(s) are you in? The new welcome center should have some audio in it.

Check the blue gear (lower-right) settings window - make sure the volumes are dragged upwards. Otherwise, that is a bit odd; if you're happy to help - I can show you how to get us a log file, which might point out any problems.

3. Xulain

Xulain New Member

Well the new welcome center is where I'm talking about. And yes I have made sure all settings are correct. This is a bug or wouldn't have wasted time reporting it as a bug.

4. Adam

Yeah understood. The reason I say that is the default volume can be pretty quiet.

My guess is you could be right on the dual soundcard issue - it may be using the wrong one; I can't say we've tested on machines with multiple sound cards in-house; but the fact you are hearing something during loading is odd and doesn't support that theory. I'm going to presume you're on Windows; can you email to me - adam@sinewavecompany.com, the file named "output_log.txt" which is present in the C:\Program Files\sinespace\sinespace_Data directory; - that will give me some idea if an error is occurring.

Thanks!

5. Xulain

Xulain New Member

Ok I tried moving the volume slider even thou it was already 3/4 of the way up it did nothing so moved it back to where it was.I teleported somewhere else and it started working after 3 days trying. So the bug must be to do with the volume sliders as in my case even thou they were correctly set they still had to be moved to get sound working.I also had another problem I deleted the log file so sinespace could make a fresh 1 to upload here but sinespace never made another log which is weird so how do I get my log file back ?.

6. Adam

OK, good to know it's working - I'll take a peek and see if we can figure that out (the sliders behaving until moved) - we've seen something similar a few months ago on the music slider; I would not be surprised if it's a similar bug, if so - I know what to do to get it fixed.

The log should be re-created, but windows permissions can often prevent it coming back; typically if we need someone to make it - we add the -logfile <path/to/a/log.txt> switch to the application shortcut.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam

7. Adam

(Figured it out - it's related to a very recent change we made with when settings are initialised. Will be fixed in the next viewer.)