1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Not impressed at all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bachatero2000, Jan 19, 2018.

Share This Page

1. bachatero2000

By:bachatero2000Jan 19, 2018

The game just generally feels like it is not well developed. Everything is laggy, graphics to bright and camera sucks. The GUI is beyond sucking.

I'm sorry to come across as a whiner and I am not a developer myself. Also I guess I am mostly frustrated because the game industry has not yet produced a proper game like this.

Like 10 years ago there was Kaneva. I have no frekkin idea why they messed up that game and then even terminated it. It was much better then this one...

2. Trilo

By:TriloJan 19, 2018

To a degree, it's to be expected that a virtual world that's in the early stages of beta would be unfinished and still be working through a lot of technical issues. Virtual worlds are a huge undertaking (that's why you don't see more of them), building the engine and the tools for creators to make content takes time. It sounds like you may not be interested in using beta software, you might want to consider bookmarking the place and checking back for when it's more fully developed.

3. Lex4art

By:Lex4artJan 20, 2018

There is a thread about virtual worlds problems in general plus Sinespace-specific: https://forum.sine.space/threads/ki...-analysis-ideas-suggestions-your-needs.17033/

Feel free to comprehend all that about "what is wrong/good to have/can be improved" and put it in to that topic - this may actually help, if it's not too hard to implement for Space team.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  4. Eldritch

By:EldritchJan 22, 2018

Yes some of the sine regions are a bit bright for me as well. And of course it follows you almost need a flash light in places for my region. :D

That said as others have stated Space is very much still in beta. With a rather small development team. That is constantly adding features and improving things. (Linden Labs eat yer heart out) In the time I have been involved it has already grown lots. Several of the things you addressed (Like the UI) is already on the road map. The UI is functional, but overly complex and un-intuitive at times. Content is still a bit skint as well from an end user perspective though that is changing slowly.

What space has going for it however that many of the others don't is Unity itself, and the vision of the team behind space. Unity can push graphics like any of the AAA games out there can. And the team behind Space has my confidence that they have a concept of what can make a virtual world work and what users will want. Many of them having experience with some of the other virtual worlds out there. And looking at the road map I think they are definitely headed in the right direction.

As to the hitching and laggyness. When the client is open there is a blue cog in the lower right hand. Click it and lower the graphics settings. The higher graphics settings can easily make my i5 with an NV 750 chug in some places. Though my 6th gen i7 with a 1050ti is like butta with everything maxed. The lowest settings should correspond with basic web gl profiles. It ain't gorgeous but it should work even on shockingly bad intel graphics chipsets. My laptop can get 5-15 fps in space with an intel 3000 graphics chipset where SL struggles to get 3 fps in fairly basic regions with few visitors.

Praline, Aribeth and Trilo like this.