1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Objects not complimenting each other.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SilverFoxx, Feb 8, 2019.

Share This Page

1. SilverFoxx

By:SilverFoxxFeb 8, 2019

Couldn't think of a better way to put it.
    I purchased a hairstyle - Sine Wave Anthoney Short Swept Hair. I also purchased a Swank Top Hat from BlakOpal Designs.
    As you can see from the attached pictures, the two items are not compatable.
    The hair suits my age and other than going bald, I cannot wear the hat without increasing its size which makes me look like the mad hatter.
    I'm assuming the physics of virtual objects do not necessarily allow one item to sit comfortably within another and be hidden. Screenshot 2019-2-08-22-09-00.jpg Screenshot 2019-2-08-22-05-57.jpg

2. Trilo

By:TriloFeb 9, 2019

The hat (as well as the jacket) appear to be our creations (my partner and I are BlakOpal Designs, thank you for your purchase). If you spoke to one of the guides in-world I hope they also suggested it, but if you've got a support issue the best place to report that is here. They've structured the creator program such that they approve all content that's on the main grid, all purchases go through them, and they serve as a single point of contact for support. My hope is that the way they've set it up will help them a lot in the long run, since it will help the SineSpace staff have greater visibility on problems and bugs, as well as provide their content review team some useful feedback.

Having made that piece, I can attest that I tried wearing it with a number of hairstyles, several of which are a little more exotic and difficult to work with. In those pics, it appears that the top hat is being worn much too low on the head and hair, which is why you see so much of it poking through unless the hat gets enlarged to a ridiculous proportion. For help on adjusting attachments, I have a tutorial on adjusting SineSpace attachments, which can be found here.

I hope that helps!

3. SilverFoxx

By:SilverFoxxFeb 9, 2019

Thank you for replying and the links to support and tutorial.
    Whilst I would agree that the hat worn by a woman as in your tutorial tends to "rest upon" the head with hair showing at the front. Gentlemen tend not to follow suit. As shown below:
    Prince-Edward-top-hat.jpg

Keeping the hat in proportion to the head, the pictures below were the best I could get before hair protrusion through the hat. I will continue this issue through the support link you kndly supplied.
    Screenshot 2019-2-09-16-39-57.jpg Screenshot 2019-2-09-16-40-42.jpg

4. Trilo

By:TriloFeb 9, 2019

Yes, I know how top hats work :) I have half a dozen others in RL, beside the one I'm wearing in my profile pic ;). Take a closer look at the first picture and the third picture that you posted. In the photograph, the hat being worn is slightly wider than the person's head. In image number three, the hat is not slightly wider than the head. Fortunately, unlike top hats in the real world you don't need stretching tools for minor adjustment, you can use the scale tool to adjust width and length.

If you are unable to use the position, scale, and rotation tools that are in the client to adjust the hat there is unfortunately nothing else I can suggest. As a hat maker (or as a hair maker, if I was one), it is not possible to make a piece that changes a part of another worn item. That is, SineSpace doesn't have any controls or functions in the editor pack that we could use to do something like that. Another reason to raise it as a support issue with SineSpace, perhaps it's something they would consider figuring out in the future.

As I mention in my tutorial post, creators have a choice between a rigged item which isn't adjustable or an unrigged one. Having been creating here since before there was an attachment system, I can assure you that rigged hats are absolutely awful. The creator makes a guess as to the positioning for the male or the female avatar (on rigged items, each one is separate) and it is fixed in that spot - regardless of what hair the user chooses. This results in either the hat hovering over the head, or abruptly cutting off the top of the head/hair. On several hairstyles chunks of the hair either poke through or oddly hover in space above the hat.