1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Odd region filesize change

Discussion in 'General' started by Spiral Silverstar, May 5, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarMay 5, 2017

So, using EP10 pre-release, in my editor it shows a filesize of 135 megs, but when the region was uploaded, the filesize shows 250 megs. FYI: I had reduced the texture size on many items in the editor before uploading.

2. Trilo

By:TriloMay 6, 2017

I've been seeing discrepencies between file sizes for months.

It's worth noting that I've been experiencing issues where clicking 'Apply Compression Settings' actually both overrides and then changes the manual per-texture/platform overrides you may have set up. I had a number of heights/normals that I'd set to 256px get changed to 2048px, you may be running into something similar.

3. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarMay 6, 2017

Trilo, Yeah I have seen that too, so I didn't use "apply compression settings."

4. Adam

By:AdamMay 11, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Is this in the Spiral's Fractal Art region?

5. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarMay 11, 2017

Yes!

6. Adam

By:AdamMay 15, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, sorry for the delay on this - it's a bit of a big job investigating one of these, can you grab me on Skype, I want to do a debug capture of the region to see if I can figure out the cause (but will need your help)

Also, are you compressing all platforms & is there a big difference between various platform sizes? (also, are you using substances here?)