1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

On Which Social VR Platforms/Virtual Worlds Do You Have a User Account?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ryan Schultz, Aug 21, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Ryan Schultz

By:Ryan SchultzAug 21, 2018

ghaelen likes this.
  2. kayparks

By:kayparksAug 23, 2018

Ryan,
    Entropia Universe was another one that was popular and folks made big bucks there:)

Kay

3. BARVA

By:BARVAAug 23, 2018

Kayparks, really not, you need to pay a lot to get payed on EU
    Even there, you need to be smart and spend wisely
    You cant go there and just start off with $0 and end up with hundreds inside a couple of weeks
    Dont get me wrong, I like playing EU at times, but its not a reliable source of income if you dont invest thousands for deeds OR are a 2 years minimum hardcore veteran OR cross fingers and win the lottery... but we all know you already spent a shizload if you are at this stage
    As for other worlds, you sure can, with the good motivation, tools and skills

4. kayparks

By:kayparksAug 24, 2018

Barva and Ryan,
    I'm sorry to be unclear in my response. I should have added " I'd heard" at the end of the sentence ;-) I was just reminding Ryan about EU because I didn't see it on his listing. And I was also making a comment 'jokingly' about the currency that appeared to circulate there. Maybe it wasn't common knowledge, but in the past I'd heard that in EU people were paying exuberant amounts for areas because of expected profits. Apparently more so than in SL. Of course this could have been hearsay. As you said, they likely had invested many dollars to get to that point. However, at that time (around 2009) when I frequented VW mostly for entertainment and/or to feed my creative juices now and then, it took me by surprise to hear this info. I do agree that it in the VWs today there are a lot of opportunities and with a good skill set, motivation, patience, investment of time and sometimes money, one has a good chance of building a profitable business.

But also, people actually enjoy VW, hence such a long list!!

Kay

5. BARVA

By:BARVAAug 24, 2018

Indeed a lot of opportunities :)
    EU is still a very fun mmorpg, just cant go in there hoping to make a quick buck out of playing hihi Sad that they promoted it that way in a sense, but with 60$ (price of a game irl or steam) you can have a good starter kit and invest wisely to play freely for a long time... which i did :3