1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Paid work - Blackjack table

Discussion in 'Job Offers' started by Rohan Freeman, Feb 7, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Rohan Freeman

By:Rohan FreemanFeb 7, 2017
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

We would like to commission a scripted unity package that we will release to public on the wiki, offering a multi-player blackjack game.

Requirements:

1. Tracks score between players
    2. Does not use any real currencies
    3. 1-4 players plus automated banker
    4. Must be written using Lua and documented
    5. Final item should be submitted as a unity package with set up instructions for region owners to deploy
    6. Users must interact with the table to join
    7. Observers should be able to see score board and public game information (e.g. each player's visible cards during play)
    8. UI must use UGUI
    9. Player UI should become visible when sitting at table and disappear again when user stands up.
    10. Observer UI should use inworld objects on the table showing cards facing as dealt and piles of chips corresponding with each player's winnings.

Additional bonus tasks:

1. Persistent leaderboard
    2. Ability for region owner to add virtual good prizes
    3. Ability for user to play as bank

2. Serp

By:SerpFeb 10, 2017

I'll take a look at doing this. The player UI will have the actions a player can take but should it also display the cards or do you want the cards just displayed on the table? Did you want some sort of made up wagering currency? Or just points.

3. Rohan Freeman

By:Rohan FreemanFeb 11, 2017
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey there,

I think the player needs to see their own cards in the UI.

I know that in https://www.pkr.com/en/ they have a cute system where the player's cards are displayed on the screen but the ones that are face down (e.g. cannot be seen by the other players) have to be looked at - you have to click a button to, in effect, pick them up from the table and remind yourself what you have.

When a player does that, it plays an inworld animation that other players see; so you have the beginnings of a "tell;" if someone has a perfect hand they are unlikely to be double checking it. Unless they are bluffing of course!

These are all things that can be added over time, but I think a first version should have the cards on the UI?

Re. currency - what do you recommend? I guess we want to start with the simplest thing we can but we might want to evolve over time to having a gaming credit that can never be redeemed but can be played across different tables? I will ping you on skype to follow up.