1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Payouts question

Discussion in 'General' started by BARVA, Aug 23, 2018.

Share This Page

1. BARVA

By:BARVAAug 23, 2018

Hello,
    Just wondering if their is more information somewhere about gold payouts
    I do not remember entering my paypal information when creating my developper account and the payout page only as a request payout button
    So my question is, what is the process? Do we provide the paypal address to send payment to only when the payout is accepted?

I could wait and see, but I really dont remember if i had to enter this information before hand, and i cant find information about this anywhere on the site and wiki

2. Adam

By:AdamAug 29, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Heya - this should be requested during your first payout. Just hit request and Janet (or someone else from operations) should get in contact.

There's a little bit of paperwork the first time around (we need to verify identity for money laundering laws, etc.), but otherwise it's fairly straight forward

Calum likes this.
  3. BARVA

By:BARVAAug 29, 2018

Great thank you for the straight foward answer! Been wondering this for a little while.

Calum likes this.
  4. Ren

By:RenSep 29, 2018

''There's a little bit of paperwork the first time around '' oh joy, what i was worried of

When though this with second life, Took a good month to sort out and had account frozen (was no reason to freeze my account stopping my work, but they did and i was made to feel like i had done something wrong, as the id only related to processing credit, they had not reason to stop me logging in as credit processing was already on hold)

I find that Identification system are not suited to people with social disabilities, for people that don't fit into the 'stamp' form of forms, so it becomes a hassle,a worry and very stressful. So what id are they gonna ask for? I don't have photo id, nor do i have a passport,or government id... (not got a lot of things do to social issues i have with protecting my ID)

Are there systems in place for people such a me? Who provide say a medical doctors note explaining my situation?

'a little paper work' looks all good and shiny for the majority, but i get so hardhearted when i have to go though all sort of rubbish because i'm socially disabled (call it PTSD, closest match). I did ask about this topic ages ago and got very little feed back on it. Was even made to feel that it would be okay... have i wasted my time so far, and the cash i have been paying for rentals (even though i have not been active) as a way to support this project?

added:
    To be fair to creators, pre-verification should be offered, not have to wait till i hit the cash payout wall, then try to see if all is okay. seem a bit unfair to have me add my work to the platform before i know if i can even get payouts.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  5. Dolome Demonia

By:Dolome DemoniaSep 29, 2018
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Let me get with you personally and see what we can work out. Contact me inworld or please email me at michele.gray@sinewavecompany.com. I will be more than happy to work with you on this

6. Trilo

By:TriloSep 30, 2018

I'm sorry to hear of your situation, as well as the experience you had on another platform. Having gone through the process with SineSpace, I can say that the process is pretty painless. They collect the normal personal details you would expect when doing any kind of contract work, there's a PDF agreement to sign, and payment details (so they know where to send payment).

I don't know that I'd agree that it's unfair you have to add your work to the platform first.... I think it's more of a situation of you get access to the platform first. From what I understand, many people who sign up to the creator program don't make items for sale for gold (and would never get a cashout), it seems to me that forcing all creator program signups to fill out those forms and agreements before they got access to the platform would be an unfair to all those users.

I hope you're able to get things set up easily, and you don't experience anything like what you did with other companies.

7. Ren

By:RenOct 1, 2018

i agree that forcing all users to verify would be unnecessary, but what i meant was an option to verify. hoping all will go well and now in emails with domome. I think sine space is a great project so hopefully all goes well and although my situation is rare, it will allow sine space to have a system for such cases :).

I probably didn't word my post the best i could, i just get frustrated with my situation. With secondlife, all was sorted out in the end, but had wished it was all sorted years before. after being with them 8 years, spending 10 of thousands of pounds with them, as soon as i stopped renting servers and went into sales profits only, they when all funny on me. Left a bitter taste and i get easily upset by such situations... I mean, they had payments from me for 8 years, from the same account and same name ( a UK bank account.not a paypal), then acted like i was trying to pull a fast one... locking out my account even while i was still playing for premium access, and also refused to credit the Days i was locked out but still a paying customer.

8. Adam

By:AdamOct 3, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey @Ren - Michele should have set you up, but if not, you can complete the form in advance. It's just standard know-who-you're-dealing-with stuff we need to do in order to remain compliant with money laundering laws, etc; along with a final confirmation of the TOS & creator EULA.