1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Process to update EditorPackage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Austin Tate, Mar 28, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateMar 28, 2018

I just updated a Unity project for Sinespace from Unity 5.6 to Unity 2017.. and installed the latest editor pack 12p8.. it seems it is leaving some old editor settings in place as I get two instances of "New Sinespace Scene" in the file menu.

I also see this warning...

Cannot add menu item 'Space/About Editor Pack' for method 'EditorPackWindow.ShowWindow' because a menu item with the same name already exists.​

And one other warning

Method SceneObjectDatabaseBaseInternal.Rebuild is not static and cannot be used for menu commands.
    Any advice on the update process?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateMar 28, 2018

I did try deleting SpacePack, Artists Project, and Runtime Project and the two copies of the menu item and the warnings went away when I deleted these and restarted Unity.. using 2017.4.0f1.

But they came back when I reinstalled EditorPack-12p8.unitypackage

Maybe Sample Art, Editor Default Resources and/or Editor Default Resources could be an issue...

3. Lex4art

By:Lex4artMar 28, 2018

I'm also have those warnings in my Unity 2017.2 + EditorPack 12.8 but seems they don't do any harm and can be ignored.​

4. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateApr 19, 2018

EditorPack 12p12 does not seem to fix this either. I see these three warnings when I add any recent pack...

I also see these three warnings every time once the Sinespace editorpack is imported... 

Method SceneObjectDatabaseBaseInternal.Rebuild is not static and cannot be used for menu commands.

Cannot add menu item 'Space/About Editor Pack' for method 'EditorPackWindow.ShowWindow' because a menu item with the same name already exists. 

PropertiesGUI() is being called recursively. If you want to render the default gui for shader properties then call PropertiesDefaultGUI() instead UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Spiral Silverstar likes this.
  5. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateApr 26, 2018

I tried to create a completely new Unity (2017.4.1f3) project and then imported the latest stable EditorPack-12p13.unitypackage and I still get the two repeated "File -> New sinespace project" menu entries and the warnings mentioned above. Something is trying to add these entries and its not old content I have in folders that have since become used.