1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Regions for Sale questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spiral Silverstar, Apr 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarApr 13, 2018

When a users buys a region from the marketplace, I assume (gasp!) that the region has a max load of 128 megabytes. Is that correct?

So, if the user then upgrades his account, for example to a "Standard 2 region," does his purchased region then allow him/her to place a max load of 256 megs on the region? I don't think this has ever been discussed or explained.

Also, for the region creators, Please upload your region to the live server so that potential buyers can actually go there and look around! :)

2. Adam

By:AdamApr 13, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey Spiral;

When a user buys a region you are correct - it must have a max size below their capacity to use. Any excess capacity can be used for furniture.

If you're on a 256mb plan, then your total region size (base region + furniture) must be below 256mb.

3. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarApr 14, 2018

Thanks!!

4. Trilo

By:TriloApr 14, 2018

Spiral - depending on the creator and their subscription plan, that may be easier said than done. Unless they've signed up for a standard 3 or higher plan, they may likely not have an available region slot to display their content... and on the bigger plans, there may be some kind of crazy juggling involved to make a multi-region showroom type setup (I've never done it myself, so have no idea how easy or hard that would be).

Alternatively, region and room creators could record videos and take pictures of their creations, but unfortunately the current state of the client's camera controls probably makes that really difficult. I know it's been a huge headache for me on the few occasions I've tried filming in SineSpace.

5. Spiral Silverstar

Yeah, I get that. If nothing else, a detailed description of the region would be helpful. That applies to any item being sold as well. Thanks, Trilo. :) For example, there are lots of furniture items in the store with no mention at all if there are animations in them, how many, etc.

6. Adam

By:AdamApr 14, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm willing for us to enable the regions with as 1 concurrency limit free of charge; as long as they are for sale in the shop for a reasonable price (i.e. not using 9999999 priced items to dodge our subs.) and clearly intended as a demo of a 'for sale' region.

Trilo likes this.
  7. Adam

By:AdamApr 14, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

We may formalise that policy above into a feature.

Trilo and Spiral Silverstar like this.
  8. Spiral Silverstar

That would be great!!! :)

9. Ren

By:RenApr 14, 2018

re: 'I'm willing for us to enable the regions with as 1 concurrency limit free of charge; as long as they are for sale in the shop for a reasonable price (i.e. not using 9999999 priced items to dodge our subs.) and clearly intended as a demo of a 'for sale' region.' (Adam)

Is there no way to have some sort of temp instance that downloads to the client and runs client side only? so then you could just add a demo button, and it's as if they are being teleport-ed to the location (But it local to the client). else i could see my self in a year or two, with a huge page of demo regions.

very important that there is a way to show of regions, as it will be hard to sell them at a fair price if customers cant see them first. i know i would not wanna hand out 5U$ and upward for something i've not seen, and a web-page and/or video may not cut it, if is in the 20U$ +, as the buyer will wanna see how their computer runs the region.

10. Adam

By:AdamApr 16, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah it is possible to do just that - single concurrency shards are a thing we support; and something I think worth enabling here. I just need to figure out the best way of organising this so it is automated

James Stallings likes this.