1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report RTP Perlin/Gloss Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trilo, May 20, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Trilo

By:TriloMay 20, 2017

I am noticing some issues with RTP on my terrain that I did not experience previously. When I add perlin noise to my terrain textures (to give it more depth and help break up the sense of tiling in the distance) it looks as expected in the editor window.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 6.40.49 AM.png

But when I enable the playerchar and go into playmode, perlin noise is not visible and there appears to be a slight gloss on the terrain.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 6.43.15 AM.png

I am seeing that behavior in-world as well, on the mac desktop client build 170512.

Screen-Shot-2017-05-20-at-6.44.50-AM.jpg

The grass's albedo map has the alpha channel set to black, and I've double and even triple checked my settings in RTP. I'm not sure what could be causing this. Fog is unticked in the scene, could there be some lighting or post processing setting causing this?