1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Save Shape to Inventory

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by GameMeister, Oct 9, 2017.

1. GameMeister

GameMeister New Member

Please provide a way to save our shapes to inventory. This would help save your residents in sinespace a lot of time and also make it possible for skin designers to package a shape to go with their skins for ideal looking avatars. Also with the way the outfit view is currently setup, it is easy to accidentally delete an outfit and have to start all over again. We can just put the clothes on again we wore the last time we made the outfit, but the sliders take a bit more time to redo. :-(

2. Trilo

Trilo Active Member

FYI, from a recent Office Hours meeting, this will be addressed in the near(ish) future. As I understood it, at first it will involve being able to export shape settings in CSV format. On the other end of that, the upcoming Editor Pack 11 will allow the upload of custom shapes. In that upload form, there'll be a place you can paste in those CSV shape settings. Shape settings assets will then be something that can be purchased and possibly moved around as other inventory items. A little further down the road, shapes will be able to be saved directly as an inventory asset, and there may be a way for creators to automatically transfer settings from in-world inventory to the editor pack.... though that may be a bit further off.

I'm not sure about your viewer experience, but for me on Mac, whenever I close the outfit window without saving, I get a popup window warning me that I have not saved and if I continue the changes will be lost. If you're not experiencing similar, you may want to file a bug report.