1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Sinespace is the Winner of the "Space Race"!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ryan Schultz, Mar 13, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Ryan Schultz

By:Ryan SchultzMar 13, 2018

Lex4art likes this.
  2. Lex4art

By:Lex4artMar 15, 2018

Thoroughly done, at least someone can do 100+ avatars in 2018 ).

3. Trilo

By:TriloMar 22, 2018

There are over 1400 NPC's (which are essentially full avatar loads playing an animation loop) on Struktura. Takes several minutes to load, but once it does it actually runs fairly smoothly at 30ish fps. Hopefully once that C# job system in Unity 2018.1 gets to SineSpace (I'll guess summer-ish), that should speed things up a bit.

4. Adam

By:AdamMar 22, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah - Struktura's big problem right now is it uses a metric ton of RAM while visiting. I've been using it as a test scene to see if we can improve avatar memory use, as right now each dressed avatar takes around 30-50mb of RAM while in scene, and a similar amount of VRAM.

There's 1444 avatars in there right now I believe; so it is best visited on a machine with 64GB of RAM. I suspect with a few optimisations aimed at large scenes (i.e. not loading full res textures, loading a lower LOD, etc) we could get it down to being loadable with 8GB. (I don't think 4GB or less is possible without going into neon ghosts territory.)

5. Lex4art

By:Lex4artMar 23, 2018

Yep, with my puny 24GB of RAM it's not possible to visit it XD

6. Adam

By:AdamMar 23, 2018
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Lucky for you - I've got it down to 22GB of RAM in my preview viewer. I suspect it is possible to get under 12GB as soon as I can figure out why we're caching multiple copies of certain avatar textures.

Lex4art likes this.