1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Sinespace #Selfie Raffle • Round 1

Discussion in 'Events' started by Calum, Jul 19, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Calum

By:CalumJul 19, 2018

[​IMG]

Round 1

How does it work?

Every 2 weeks, Sinespace community members are invited to submit a "selfie" of their avatar in-world. The selfie's content must be in compliance with Sinespace's Rules & Guidelines [link pending]. The rules are fairly simple and are displayed in this post. The winner for Round 1 is publicized in the forum thread announcing the start Round 2; and so on and so forth.

For Round 1, entries can be submitted beginning July 18, 2018 @ 6pm Pacific US. Entries must be posted by August 1, 2018 @ 11:59pm Pacific US. Please allow a maximum of 48 hours for a winner to be announced. Typically within 12 hours, but....life happens.

How is the winner chosen?

The winner is chosen completely by random using an online random number generator. Each entry is assigned a number in the order in which they are received. The generated number along with the corresponding assigned number to the entry will pin-point who the winner is. Everyone has an equal chance to win.

What do I get if I win?

The winner receives 500 Gold as a prize and will be typically paid out to you within 48 hours.

How do I enter?

Simply post your entry below alongside your in-world Sinespace name in the post. Failure to include the picture and an accurate spelling of your in-world name will count as automatic disqualification. If you change your name in-world after entering, you are responsible for updating your entry with the correct display name before the entry period is closed. No exceptions.

Anything else I should know?

• For the sake of giving everyone an opportunity, you may not win twice in a row.​
    • Any entries with multiple people in the picture are accepted, but the person posting the picture will be the only one entered in the contest. The others will need to submit their own entries.​
    • Identical pictures will not be accepted.​
    • The winner will receive the 500 gold, not their friend, not their uncle, not their cat...just the winner. You can do whatever you want with it after you receive it.​
    • You may not enter your friends in the contest on their behalf.​
    • The only way to enter, indefinitely, is through the forums as described above. Any other forms of communication will not be counted.​
    • The picture may not be animated (so no .gif file types) and should be a .png, .jpg or .jpeg format larger than 100x100 (pixel size) and small enough to fit in a post without distortion of the post or web-page.​
    • The picture may be edited, but it must be from in-world Sinespace.​
    • It is permitted to submit pictures taken prior to the beginning of the round.​
    • The player pictured in the photo must be the player entering the contest.​

Any pictures/entries that do not meet these requirements in full will be excluded from the round with or without notice. No exceptions.
    With that said, if you have any doubt that your image could be excluded if you enter it, show me (Calum) first.

The host(s) reserve the right to interpret and change the rules as deemed fair and necessary in order to ensure the smooth operation of this event.

I still don't get it.

Any questions can be made directly to Calum via a message in-world, Facebook, Discord, or a private message on the forums here. You may also ask any questions you want in the Sinespace #Raffle Group. You can find it by searching for it by that name on your Sinespace viewer. Please refrain from posting questions or non-entry related replies to this original post.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. BrianC-Inkpen

By:BrianC-InkpenJul 24, 2018

BrianC-Inkpen

Attached Files:

Mimi Marie, ghaelen and Calum like this.
  3. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarJul 26, 2018

Taken at Wondermere - Spiral Silverstar

Wondermere - Spiral Silverstar.jpg

Calum, Mimi Marie and ghaelen like this.
  4. Mimi Marie

By:Mimi MarieJul 27, 2018

Mimi Marie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Calum and Spiral Silverstar like this.
  5. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarJul 28, 2018

I really don't understand why more people haven't contributed. Perhaps there should be more promotion of this fun raffle contest?? :)

6. Mimi Marie

By:Mimi MarieJul 29, 2018

From past conversations with friends, people not crazy about events via forums.. j/s

7. Calum

By:CalumJul 30, 2018

Thank you for the feedback! Always appreciated. I have been making an effort to get the word out every day or two in-world and plan to continue this. Hopefully over time this will become a bit more "word-of-mouth" marketing based as it'll be expected and a norm for the community.

Thanks for the feedback, Mimi! I have been looking into other methods of entry forms that aren't restricted to the forums. I plan to have a new entry process in place for Round 2.

8. LibertybelleLyric

By:LibertybelleLyricJul 31, 2018

Screenshot 2018-7-28-19-45-06.jpg