1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Sit Pose anomaly

Discussion in 'General' started by Karma, Dec 1, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Karma

By:KarmaDec 1, 2018

We are creating a furniture item with sitting poses using the seat improved script to position the action.
    In preview mode everything looks fine on the clients account. However if we test the scene (still on preview server) the second client shows the seats to be offset (usually higher, tho once we noted the avatar was sitting beneath the chair).

Example ... the picture below is taken at the same moment in time, viewed by two different accounts. So the light saber avatar looks fine sitting on the his chair on his preview screen. But the second person in the suit seems to be floating above his chair. While seen from the suit avatar's client he appears to be flat on the surface, but the other person (the light saber avi) is seen floating above the chair.

On the imported FBX animation files, I am using Root Motion Node set to <Root Transform> because it let's me position the placeholder accurately. I can try trouble shooting other settings on my end, if this appears to be a user error issue, but I was just throwing this out there if anyone else has noticed this.

I see from time to time in world, that my avatar is sitting below a surface when I am wondering around .. but I haven't done enough checking to see if that is only happening on my client. Untitled.png

Spiral Silverstar likes this.