1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

SITTING issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Karma, Mar 11, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Karma

By:KarmaMar 11, 2019

I noticed that when we use the Seat Improved script for our custom poses, let's say for a chair, the position of the avatars sit bones (pelvis) in relation to the seat of the chair seems to change depending on the custom size of the individual's avatar.

So for instance, if I test the position of the seat with a "default" size avi (you know with the size/height smack in the middle) the sit bones will be flush with the seat mesh we've created. However if we then set the avatar to super tall, or super tiny the individual will either hover way above the cushion or fall through the seat respectively.

Now I have to believe there's something I'm doing wrong, since I can test seats at Guitarahalla or other venues, and I haven't seen this problem.

The only things I see in the Seat Improved script to tinker with were IK Targeting for "hands" and "feet", but I am really looking to place the hips in a target area regardless of how tall or short the avi is. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong and where I should be looking for a resolution?

Deep bow of thanks for thinking about this with me.
    ~Karma