1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Soliciting Feedback: Improving the shopfront

Discussion in 'General' started by Adam, Jan 30, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Adam

By:AdamJan 30, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

One of our UX tasks coming up soon is some improvements to the shop front, how it works, etc.

I'd like to know from you guys what you'd like to see - we're also looking into things like sales, adding a homescreen with selected items, that kind of thing.

Thoughts / opinions / things you'd like to see? Post them here

2. Trilo

By:TriloJan 31, 2017

I'm not sure what you mean by shopfront.. the 'Mirage' mall demo scene? The user experience in-game when people click on the shop button? A web-based shopping tool?

3. Adam

By:AdamFeb 2, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

The shop button at the bottom - the main 'storefront' so to speak.

4. Trilo

By:TriloFeb 23, 2017

Sorry for the late reply...

I think that at some point (as more content arrives) to have subcategories. Otherwise it will become impossible to browse and shop in a meaningful way (imagine going into a mall, and instead of different shops and departments in those shops you just had tops, bottoms, accessories, etc).

A brand catalog might be nice, too. Click on a button to shop by brand, or to see brands within a particular category, and then the user can see a list.

Taking some cues from the app store model, I'd say featured top sellers (both paid/gold, and free/silver), as well as featured new items (again, both the paid/gold, and free/silver). It may be worth spending some quality time surfing places like App Store, Steam store, or even the Unity asset store wearing a 'shopper' hat (from the perspective of a typical or first time customer) to see how customers discover new and popular items.

Allowing creators to offer bundles would be huge. As a creator, I would love to be able to sell an outfit that consists of top, dress, underwear, and stockings but today can only really offer them as separates.

Related or accessory items would be a nice addition. Buying pants? Here are some boots you might want to look at. Space suit? how about a helmet, or a ray gun, or a space ship? I'm not sure how easy it would be to create those kinds of links, but related items can often lead to finding exactly what I'm looking for, or adding more things to the basket when shopping online.

5. Adam

By:AdamApr 4, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Bumping this one for more ideas & feedback - it's close to the top of our TODO list.