1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Some clothing tool questions thus far

Discussion in 'General' started by Genetic Drifter, Jul 19, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Genetic Drifter

By:Genetic DrifterJul 19, 2017

Been learning sinespace clothing tools over last few days.

A few questions I have that some people in community might have answers for:

1. Cloth

From wiki : "Capsule Colliders: An array of CapsuleColliders which this Cloth instance should collide with. Sine Space avatars already have capsule and sphere colliders. You do not need to attach any more."

I assume this means I generally don't need to set up anything in the Capsule and sphere collider arrays. When making clothes for stock avatar. Or do I somehow need to point it in the direction of the avatars capsule and sphere colliders ?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. Adam

By:AdamJul 19, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, so - we *did* have those arrays, but at some point, they went walkabout; so you do need to attach your own.

The general process is - have a copy of the "2015 Male/Female" templates in the scene, have them, and the clothing at 0,0,0 within the scene; attach colliders to the 2015 template's bone joints at the points you want them; then rig them up in the 'Cloth' component. When you click 'Prepare', it should bind and indicate that it's storing cloth data in the Clothing Item Settings; at run-time, it'll reassemble them the same way they are now.

If you want to use sphere-pair colliders instead (which I think initial results say, work better) - we've recently fixed some bugs with them, and you need to apply this patch to 10p6 (download), and have a up to date viewer (the ones we're releasing today will qualify.)

3. Genetic Drifter

By:Genetic DrifterJul 19, 2017

Cheers :)