1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Some clothing tool questions thus far

Discussion in 'General' started by Genetic Drifter, Jul 19, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Genetic Drifter

By:Genetic DrifterJul 19, 2017

Been learning sinespace clothing tools over last few days.

A few questions I have that some people in community might have answers for:

1. Cloth

From wiki : "Capsule Colliders: An array of CapsuleColliders which this Cloth instance should collide with. Sine Space avatars already have capsule and sphere colliders. You do not need to attach any more."

I assume this means I generally don't need to set up anything in the Capsule and sphere collider arrays. When making clothes for stock avatar. Or do I somehow need to point it in the direction of the avatars capsule and sphere colliders ?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  2. Adam

By:AdamJul 19, 2017
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hey, so - we *did* have those arrays, but at some point, they went walkabout; so you do need to attach your own.

The general process is - have a copy of the "2015 Male/Female" templates in the scene, have them, and the clothing at 0,0,0 within the scene; attach colliders to the 2015 template's bone joints at the points you want them; then rig them up in the 'Cloth' component. When you click 'Prepare', it should bind and indicate that it's storing cloth data in the Clothing Item Settings; at run-time, it'll reassemble them the same way they are now.

If you want to use sphere-pair colliders instead (which I think initial results say, work better) - we've recently fixed some bugs with them, and you need to apply this patch to 10p6 (download), and have a up to date viewer (the ones we're releasing today will qualify.)

3. Genetic Drifter

By:Genetic DrifterJul 19, 2017

Cheers :)