1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Space/Unity Learning Region

Discussion in 'Community' started by AshaSekayi, Apr 24, 2017.

1. AshaSekayi

AshaSekayi New Member

On Saturday, a few of us had a discussion about ways to make learning to build in Space less intimidating for new people while also building a stronger community environment. We talked about offering some hands-on training classes within Space as well as making/displaying Space/Unity specific tutorial videos.

To that end, I figured that I would make a post to see if I can get some volunteers to teach a class or two or to help with organization.

Topics I could cover if needed:
    Photoshop
    Modo Modeling
    Blender Modeling
    Lua Scripting
    Clothing/Shoes

So, that leaves a decent amount of topics open such as region building, quests, particles, etc. Plus, it would be cool to have more than one person cover any topic.

Adam likes this.
  2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

I'd be happy to chip and discuss some more advanced Unity features like lighting.

3. RubyO

RubyO New Member

I'd be interesting in contributing as needed.
    Blender Modeling/Cycles
    Quests
    Crosswalk SL/OS to Unity Basics
    Ancillary (OBS/Audacity/Krita/Photoshop)

4. Juliein3D

Juliein3D New Member

I would definitely come and help in any way that made sense. but would love to go to a live lighting class. We were also talking in the learning thread about having a live exercise using the room creation tools.

5. AshaSekayi

AshaSekayi New Member

Thanks Adam and Ruby. :) Those are some great areas to cover.

@Julie: Thanks for your comment. I'd love to see a live demo of the room tools. I haven't had the best luck with them. Plus, the furniture never stays spawned. :/

6. AshaSekayi

AshaSekayi New Member

Just an update: Once I get a region up and designed, I'll get back with you guys about getting this organized.