1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Storytelling Makes the Most of our (Beta) World

Discussion in 'Events' started by ghaelen, May 22, 2018.

Share This Page

?

You are Ghaelen's good friend. What is she about to ask him in the image below?

1. Have you seen a Best Brew delivery vehicle pass by here?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Can you tell me where the medieval archives are?

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. When is the karaoke singing?

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Where can I get coffee? If I don't get DD some soon, she's going to have my head!

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Is there a restroom around here? I'd settle for an outhouse, too.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ghaelen

By:ghaelenMay 22, 2018
    Staff Member Moderator

Some people arrive in a brand new world, look around, and can see the vast potential for creativity. Others need a little help seeing beneath the veneer of settings empty of games or socializing. Storytellers help to bridge that gap, and storytelling is a great way to see a region from a completely different point of view.

We have two new storyteller activities beginning in Sinespace, one for Storytellers themselves and one for story lovers who would like to experience the telling of a story in a safe atmosphere.

This evening (Tuesday, May 22 at 8:30pm Eastern), we're going to visit this gentleman (and others) in the region of Illuminati, built by Libertybelle Lyric. Our story circle participants will explore, each reacting (in voice or text) as if they were the avatar speaking rather than their RL selves speaking about the avatar or evaluating the region. The results are amusing, interesting, and downright good stories!

To get you in the mood, let's start with one of those static backdrops. Look carefully at the setting. What do you see?

Good stories often start with a question. So there's one for you in the poll above.

MedievalDude.jpg

jessalee and Brad3514 like this.