1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report Substances - oversized filesize generation in certain modes

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Adam, May 16, 2017.

1. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hi all,

Unusual for me to post a bug report in here, I know - but this is one creators should be aware of.

Right now, the best load method for substances should be 'Level load' (without cache) - we've upped the thread count during substance generation, so they should run a lot faster than they did before (not pause the load screen so much)

The other methods are generating large filesizes, as it appears the cached copy is getting embedded into the package we send to viewers; which causes them to load quickly, but doesn't exactly help on filesizes. We'll see what we can do about stripping that cached copy out, which should return them to normal.

Adam

2. ZareShadows

ZareShadows Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Just adding an image of the settings (level Load) for everyone.

Attached Files:

3. Trilo

Trilo Member

Good to know, and I knew there had to be something up with that. After I'd switched a handful of things over I didn't see any improvements.