1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Suggested default visual style for a teleporter

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Austin Tate, Sep 4, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateSep 4, 2017

I have mentioned before on the sinespace dev Skype group chat that I think it wlould be a great idea to establish a common (default) visual style for teleporters... something that people get used to seeing and know what they are even from a distance. Something simple and that stands out from a distance would be good. Adam and others have very kindly pointed me at Sample Art installed by the sinespace Unity package which can be used as a teleporter... but the one I have seen are quite elaborate and have quite a few objects in them. I took to using a simple capsule collider which I textured with a simple shimmering blue plasma effect.

But on "The Delphi Talks" space that I visited recently I saw what I think would be an ideal sample/default visual style teleporter... using a simple blue shimmer and a rotating blue flash through it... it would be great if that could be provided in the sample Art as a default teleporter for people to use or adapt.

sinespace-delphi-talks-teleporter.png

I also love the bird object to indicate a flying tour is available.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    Lex4art likes this.
  2. Kathryn Yer

By:Kathryn YerSep 13, 2017

Hi Austin

If I am understanding this correct you mean the teleports we can add to our zone , forgive be if I am not understanding. At the monent creators can add teleports to almost any thing they want and add there own partical effects to make something they like and fits thier zone. I have nothen against a defualt style as long as it can be removed and replaced with what ever the creator wants in thier scene.

Kind Regards
    Kathryn

3. Austin Tate

By:Austin TateSep 14, 2017

Totally agree Kathryn.. I did not mean for it to be compulsory and having the scripts so they can add in to whatever style a creator chooses for their region is essential. I was just arguing for a simple bit of sample art ready set up as a prefab to be available in a shared style we can adopt if we choose to.

4. Kathryn Yer

By:Kathryn YerSep 14, 2017

Ah sweet Austin. Thank you for clarifying :)

5. pseudolukian

By:pseudolukianSep 17, 2017

Hi, how about not using a default teleporter but using a teleporter Infopoint on the Minimal?