1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

Technical Hour with sinespace Dev

Discussion in 'News' started by Dolome Demonia, Mar 7, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Dolome Demonia

By:Dolome DemoniaMar 7, 2020
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Starting March4 2020
    Each Wed 1600 UTC to 1700 UTC

Come join our dev dept for information on new and upcoming features for creators and community as a whole.

Following there will be a Q&A to address concerns or questions.

This thread is also to get feedback on what everyone would like to see covered.

Simply reply to this thread so we can get items on the agenda.

Thank you -

2. Trilo

By:TriloMar 8, 2020

I'd like to see discussion of changelogs on recent Client app and Editor Pack builds. Last week's 2b30 client was talked up a lot, but does not appear to have had any meaningful fixes over 2b28.

What's the status on the processing servers? There have been ongoing issues ranging from known good items failing to slow processing that have affected users for the last several weeks. This was identified as a datacenter issue and that a ticket had been filed. Any news there?

I'd also like to see a clarification regarding the adult content, I understand there may have been some miscommunication last week (that, or the official statement that was promised to follow last week's meeting).

There are a number of outstanding issues with the wearables system/Clothing Item Settings component in the Editor Pack. Cloth self-collisions have been in Unity since late 2017 and should be working in the 2bx 2018 engine client, 2017 avatar A-Pose rigging has been broken for more than 6 months, 2019 avatars still don't work in the editor pack, specular shaders don't work properly with avatar skins, and the ability to exclude certain bones when rigging would save many creators from the need to manually weight-paint items like dresses, coats, hair, etc.

Camera controls has also been a sore spot for the last couple years. I'd like to get some details on the changes as well as the timetable for test builds and release.

What's the status of swappable materials support in regular virtual goods items? This would allow building and furniture makers the same ability to let users customize their items that region creators have had for years, and give materials sets a lot more utility (since they could be used on a wider range of stuff).

ETA or update on getting the many broken whitelisted assets working properly again. Fog Volume's had issues since spring 2018, RTP & CTS terrain shaders have had issues for more than a year, MicroSplat's had issues for a month or two, I believe Suimono has also had issues. Other assets like CTS, RAM, LVE, and Aquas have had significant (paid) updates for Unity 2018.3, but the updates do not appear to work with SineSpace 2bx (I haven't been able to do extensive testing myself because of a number of other terrain system support issues).

Is there an ETA on when the wearables' customization system will work properly with LOD items? As of this writing it only works with non-LOD items.

Since last summer, some items that use the standard shader's transparent mode render as opaque in 1bx and 2bx clients. Is there an ETA on a fix?

What's the status on the derivation/remix system that was being developed in partnership with mod.io. Elements were added to the Editor Pack quite a while back, but there does not appear to have been any progress since then.

We've been promised that there would be an option for creators to set a limit on the # of spawned/placed items, so that categories like landscaping may become viable for content creators (currently if a user buys a tree, they can place an unlimited number in any number of regions - making it difficult for creators to sell at a reasonable price while getting paid fairly for the effort they put into original work).

With recent talk of updates and improvements coming to the SineSpace shop, what is the status of being able to buy items as a gift for other users? Ideally the ability to tick a box to send an item as a gift, then select the recipient's name, enter a gift message, and possibly even select a delivery date. This would be a lot easier than the current process of buying and then sending as mail attachment.

We've been getting promised updates to the Explore panel, including better region discoverability, for a couple years. What's the current status of that?

Mobile clients - can we get any more solid information than "mobile clients are coming soon" that we've been hearing for the last few years? Aside from just being interested in mobile clients, as content creators I believe we are going to need to do some (or a lot) of work to test and optimize our content for use on mobile. Adding more headsets for VR (which represents less than % of the gaming industry) is all fine and good, but mobile accounts for the lion's share of both usage and spending for both social media and casual gaming. I'm really excited about the prospects there.

3. Cindy Bolero

By:Cindy BoleroMar 8, 2020

I've been asking about a more in-depth LUA guide or conversion tool for coders, so interactivity, FX, and other wish list items will get developed . When I refer people to the available materials posted or handed out by SS, they lose interest because things arent very clear.

Once coders can get the hang of LUA, the creativity, magic, and adventure can will start to happen. There will be more to experience than wandering around just looking at things

4. Alicia Skytower

By:Alicia SkytowerMar 8, 2020

I'm wondering about what's being done about getting all the viewers in sync with one another so that certain people who have particular issues don't see others looking as if they're broken, not dancing, etc. on their viewers?

Another interest would be if we're going to see new avatar animations for our avis (similar to AOs) so that everyone can flesh out their avis the way they want to.

I'm also wondering if there will be further discussion, and clarification, on adult content in Sinespace as it pertains to how it will be handled, and if there will be a form of actual age verification (Ex.: one-time payment via CC only) to unlock the adult content/grid in the future.

I understand from watching last week's Tech Office stream that there will be mainland and parceling in the future, so the potential to create megacities will be there. Now, from a region aspect, say if the person had any of the Premium Tier monthly accounts ranging from the Silver to its maxed out Elite package, and wanted to create a super region which would combine and use the regions the individual has to go beyond the allotted MB each single region would have; would that be a potential possibility in the future, or is there going to be another option for that to work... if at all.

I should've thought about this earlier... a 24hr day and random weather effects on mainland and regions. Will that be a possibility down the road as well?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    Spiral Silverstar likes this.
  5. Dolome Demonia

By:Dolome DemoniaMar 10, 2020
    Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank you everyone for your input!

I have compiled it all with other comments from the community.

Dolome

6. Spiral Silverstar

By:Spiral SilverstarMar 27, 2020

When will the other Technical Hour notes be posted?? Thanks.