1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Big UX Fixes Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Hi there,

Do you know where we've totally failed at something to do with the user experience? Let us know here. We'll fix it.

(Just making this thread after office hours today to collect some of the suggestions.)

Thanks!

2. ssatguru

ssatguru New Member

The client login screen should have a button to exit to desktop. If the user is in full screen mode he is stuck.

Adam likes this.
  3. Adam

Hitting F11 should toggle on the login screen - although I will test that, and yes. Makes sense at least to have a fullscreen button there.

4. ssatguru

ssatguru New Member

F11 doesn't work in the login screen.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  5. ssatguru

ssatguru New Member

There should be a setting to change mouse sensitivity. With the default setting, clicking and dragging right mouse button moves the camera very fast. Is nauseating. Also when moving, clicking and dragging right mouse button should also turn the avatar, as otherwise it can disorient you very quickly

Arkady Arkright likes this.
  6. Arkady Arkright

Arkady Arkright New Member

This was one of the first things I noticed when I started here - made me feel positively seasick, to the extent that I find myself extremely reluctant to use it

7. Adam

Hey - yep, sensitivity is in progress; it's a liiiiitle bit difficult for us to add that feature (which was why it's taken a while to do), it should be in the next major release.

(Long story short - we need to rework our Input Manager, it's in progress for better console controller support, and mobile, but have to get the larger internal rework done before we can expose the simple sensitivity feature)

8. ssatguru

ssatguru New Member

A quick update on the sensitivity. If I go to a place where FPS is high the sensitivity seems better. Also I recently upgraded my graphics card from gtx 55oi to gtx 1060. The sensitivity is little better now. So it would seem the sensitivity would need to be made independent of FPS.

9. Adam

Yeah it's both framerate and resolution dependent right now - while we are adjusting for framerate, higher framerates give you better feedback, so it's fine at a 'faster' setting.

The other one I discovered today, is it's resolution dependent. (It's based on % of screen moved per frame) - on Windows, mouse sensitivity is not resolution dependent, so one thing leads to another, and we inherit it.

I've been making some time into moving into a new input manager, I do aim to fix it for good in our August releases.

10. Austin Tate

Austin Tate Member

On using the menu "Logout" actually closes the client. The expected behaviour might be to log out from the current service and with the current user to allow log back in (e.g. to the creator server). There might be a separate button for "Exit" to make a hard full exit from client option be available.

Adam likes this.
  11. Austin Tate

Austin Tate Member

F11 to toggle between full screen and window mode does not appear to retain the set window size. It gives a window each time that is full screen sized. The behaviour expected might be the same as if the Windows maximize/restore down top right icon was toggled.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Adam likes this.
  12. Austin Tate

Austin Tate Member

Mail is used to offer inventory to another avatar. The mechanism is a bit long winded. It could be improved in several ways.

1. Allow multiple attachments - so a collection of items that are all related can all be offered in one go.
    2. The "Content" text box seems to require some content to allow the message to be sent. It would be better if it did not need that especially when multiple follow on messages are needed.
    3. A direct way to drop inventory onto an avatar might be nice, acting as a short cut for the process.

Adam likes this.
  13. We Need a method to pay others directly from the chat box/IM.

Adam likes this.
  14. Adam

Yep - I think a few of these issues are going to be tackled in the profiles update we're about to do.