1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, if you want some direct help without hopping inworld - try our Discord channel at https://discord.gg/mptfycQ
    Dismiss Notice

The Sansar Newsblog is now RyanSchultz.com, and I will be blogging about Sinespace!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ryan Schultz, Feb 18, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Ryan Schultz

By:Ryan SchultzFeb 18, 2018

I have decided that I'm not going to wait for Linden Lab to issue brand guidelines for Sansar. I am rebranding the Sansar Newsblog under my own name. (I've held the domain name for well over a decade, and this is the perfect place to finally use it!)

All of the old blogposts are still searchable and accessible, and almost all the Sansar-related blogposts have been tagged with the tag "Sansar" to make them easier to find. All the old URLs should still work as before.

Along with the new name comes a new focus. I will no longer be focusing near-exclusively on Sansar in this blog. Instead, I will be expanding my coverage to provide "News and Views on Social VR, Virtual Worlds, and the Metaverse", as my new blog tagline now states. Platforms covered will include, but not be limited to:

Note that I do not plan to write much about Second Life and its many Opensim-based spin-offs; there are already over a thousand avid bloggers who do an excellent job of that! I plan to focus on the newer platforms, especially those that support virtual reality.

And I have written my first blogpost about Sinespace! Here it is:
    https://ryanschultz.com/2018/02/18/sinespace-a-brief-introduction/

hans3000 and Trilo like this.
  2. Trilo

By:TriloFeb 18, 2018

Nice post! It may also be worth mentioning that in addition to upcoming support for VR headsets (on PC & Mac), they will be soon be offering client apps on iOS and Android devices.

Note to moderator: perhaps this thread should be moved over to and merged with the news section thread from last week announcing the site?

3. hans3000

By:hans3000Feb 21, 2018

Hi Ryan,
    I'm really glad you're covering other platforms, do you accept media releases about worlds created by developers using Sinespace? Because at the moment I'm working on one based on Alice in Wonderland.

4. Ryan Schultz

By:Ryan SchultzMar 13, 2018

Yes I do! (Sorry for the delay in replying...