1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Tooltips useful for Components/ClickableWebsite Open this website

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Austin Tate, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Austin Tate

Austin Tate Member

The Components/ClickableWebsite lets an external web site be opened with a click. It has a tooltip "Open this website". I am not sure if this is a Unity level script or a sinespace package enhancement or modification. But it would be useful if the tooltip was alterable from the default. Default to appear if no specific tooltip string is given as usual.

At some stage thought needs to eb given as to whether such tooltips will be objects in 3D space rather than 3D UI elements, to allow for VR.

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Yep, we can add that.

For VR - probably some kind of 'hover tip' is the likely solution to how that should be presented to end-users.

3. Austin Tate

Austin Tate Member

Although the tooltip for the modular vendor is actually not working or me Adam. I did change the text on a click action UI vendor on the Oil rig region but it still says "Open this vendor" (the default) on curator/creator and live servers using 0.9.05 and EditorPack-10p8.unitypackage.

4. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

We're doing another EP release on Friday (ish) - I can take a look and make sure we've got it behaving then.