1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request VoIP Zones that combine shapes or non-box/sphere mesh shapes

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Juliein3D, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Juliein3D

Juliein3D New Member

need the ability to combine several areas into a 1 VoIP zone (such as 2 rectangles and a sphere) into 1 VoIP area.

And the ability to use a mesh collider as a trigger now requires we tick convex so this changes the shape of the collider, cutting across other zones.

I've had to rebuild my locations to enable the VoIP zones I need, this changes what I can design for locations and thwarts my ability to do look-alike blds that are usable for offices and meetings, etc.

Open shared areas such as the one attached (the cross is all open shared - pink are VoIP zones) has to be chopped up since its in the shape of a cross with a round room on the end.

Attached Files:

2. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Compound colliders makes sense for us to add - I'll try get it into the next editor pack / viewer cycle.

3. Juliein3D

Juliein3D New Member

that would rock and really just being able to combine 2 zones that are in different locations, would that be doable, if so then we'd not need to tick convex, etc. plus it would enable an "intercom" kind of capability that would enable some great uses!

4. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Yep - I think we've agreed to do that already. There will be a little bit of work to support that one, especially if the fields overlap. (It should work right now, if they dont overlap, and have some healthy distance between them.)