1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Report Warning: avoid Mac desktop client 170510

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trilo, May 10, 2017.

1. Trilo

Trilo Member

Warning to fellow Mac users, do not download build 170510 (aka 0.5.10), as rendering is seriously messed up (see attached screen shots of the area around the avatar at a few different builds). Clearing cache and relogging won't help you, but you can occasionally find a useful combination of toggling effects settings (click the gear icon at the lower right) through trial and error... though you'll need to go through the process again after traveling from one space to another. Turning off all advanced quality features does seem to work - but then you've turned off all the advanced quality features.

Until they get an updated build posted, you may want to stick to build 170504 (aka 0.5.4, yeah the version numbering is quirky), you can get that here.

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 11.05.07 AM.png mac170510_1.png mac170510_2.png mac170510_3.png mac170510_5.png mac170510_6.png mac170510_4.jpg

2. Trilo

Trilo Member

This appears to be fixed in the 170512 client - woohoo, thanks!

3. Trilo

Trilo Member

Mac users should also steer clear of the 170518 (aka 0.5.18) client, it looks like the same stuff that broke in 170510 is now broken again.... You can get 170512 here. That one has an issue with tessellation glitching on avatars, but most of the time it's not a major problem.

4. Adam

Adam Developer Staff Member Moderator

Actually the 5.18 client was never released. It's only on our internal test site. ;)

5. Trilo

Trilo Member

I got it from one of the two pages frequently linked to in chat.

It's also worth noting that in the Unity editor, If I enable (tick the box) on the player character, the editor window goes wonky.
    Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 6.29.43 AM.png

From there, if I hit the play button, it enters playmode and renders normally. And if I disable (untick the box) on playerchar, the editor window returns to normal.

6. Trilo

Trilo Member

Strange, after a reboot, I can not reproduce that behavior in the Unity editor anymore, on a Mac running Unity 5.6.1p1