1. The space forums use a separate registration system from the main virtual world. To comment on these forums, you need to create a separate forum account.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey there, we have two Skype groups for space early users - if you're creating content, or need help, feel free to join in either the the beginners or advanced users groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request Web url for regions in Curator

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by ghaelen, Dec 28, 2017.

Share This Page

1. ghaelen

By:ghaelenDec 28, 2017

I know the url for our regions is in the Unity editor and inworld when we're logged in. I wasn't in either and I wanted to test some things with webgl. Is it possible to add the region url in there, or give us a little 'notes' textbox in the item row?

2. Trilo

By:TriloDec 28, 2017

You can find the URL in your Unity editor, in the Scene Export Settings component. Right below where you reserve your region URL shortname there are buttons to open the region in your browser for Preview (creator grid) or Live.

Screen Shot 2017-12-28 at 10.09.04 AM.png

Clicking the preview button on one of my regions, it pops open a browser window with the URL

http://preview.sine.space/world/enter/blackrock

Swap out blackrock with whatever your region name is. If I remember correctly, you may need to log in on an account that has creator grid access though - it's not open to the public and full featured as content is on live.

What I'd like to see someplace at some point, maybe on a region inspector page or through some kind of invite button, is for any user to be able to see as well as copy to clipboard on a region URL. Then I could pate that URL into an email, text message, or whatever to a friend or colleague.

On the link side, what would really be cool is that when they click the URL, for it to take them to the page and maybe in a dismissable notification at the top of the browser window give them the option of downloading a client application for their desktop/mobile OS. People who are on equipment where software can't be installed can just dismiss it, and others can then easily grab the app and get a much better experience in-world.

3. ghaelen

By:ghaelenJan 4, 2018

Thanks, Trilo, but I think you're bypassing my actual question - I'd like to know what the url of my region is when I'm NOT logged into the Unity Editor OR the Space viewer.

That does happen sometimes, and loading them just for that info doesn't make sense.
    To me it does makes sense to have that information on the curator website for testing webgl.

I'd be happy with a general url at the top of the curator to remind me, e.g:

Curator Items Page
    "Your region url for the preview server is http://creator.sine.space/world/enter/*yourregionname"
    "Your live region url is http://sine.space/locations/yourregionname"

If it isn't already true, add to this feature request a request that the curator login also log me into the webgl gateway.

I like the idea of a dismissable invite/download, and with the new tappable buttons it would really help mobile users

4. Trilo

By:TriloJan 4, 2018

Ah, I didn't realize that people were using the creator grid for things other than to work on and test uploads directly from the Unity editor. Personally, I've only ever logged into Creator to check on things I'm working on in the editor, where that info/reminder has always been available.

In the interim, you could always bookmark the URL of one of your region's creator grid addresses. Then when bringing up the bookmark, just change 'regionname' to the regionname of the place you want to spend time in.

5. ghaelen

By:ghaelenJan 4, 2018

I actually figured out a solution some time ago - this thread was a request for a feature that (I think) would help more people than just me.

6. Adam

By:AdamJan 19, 2018 at 12:52 AM
    Developer
    Staff Member Moderator

From inworld, if you click the minimap you'll see the URL for the current region

I admit that's not a great experience though, so I've poked the dev who handles Curator about maybe getting the URLs listed in there - it does have that information I believe.